Chapter Four - The Morning After

This chappy is dedicated to mantarals and kenmaniac 💕💖😚

Enjoy 💖

Adam's POV

"You comin', or what?" Nathan panted.

"I'm almost there." I heaved, breathing heavily.

"Well, hurry up, dummy. We're gonna miss it!" Nathan said, chuckling at my agony, gently pulling me to move faster.

Apparently after that steamy night, Nate suggested we go on a road trip outside of town and ditch school. When I asked where we were going, he said it would be a surprise.

"Uggggh." I moaned in agony. My body is in pain. The morning crisp hung in the air, blowing on our skin from the lowered windows. When we reached what seemed to be the bottom of a forest, Nate put a blindfold on me and he guided me through the woods holding tightly on my hand.

We walked for a few minutes and when we stopped, Nate let go.

"Nate?"

No answer. I started getting worried. What if he left me out in the woods to feed me to the wolves. I was too young to die. The thought made me shiver. I heard rustling then felt someone behind me.

"Relax. I'm not going anywhere." I heard Nate say. Then ever so slowly, I felt Nathan fumble with the blindolf. He was removing the blindfold.

Slowly, as if in a movie, the scenery unfolded itself in front of me. I was a little bit disoriented from the bright rays coming from the sun that was just peaking in the distance. The view of the city from above was beautiful.

Nate chuckled whilst looking at me, then the horizon.

It was beautiful.

Picturisque, even.

"It's beautiful." I whispered.

"I know." Nathan said, and when I turned to look at him, he was staring at me. A grin plastered on his handsome face. The sun's gentle light shined on his beautiful features. I felt my cheeks growing warm.

I looked away, not wanting the situation to become awkward. Instead, I found comfort in studying the horizon before us. It was like a beautiful painting. The sky was just a hint of dark blue slowly washed with sky blue, and a few warm colors coming from the sun's rays. It was halfway through sunrise and the view of the city couldn't get any better.

I felt Nathan take hold of my left hand. I looked down at our clasped hands, slowly intertwining our fingers. I looked up at Nathan and he smiled tenderly at me. I returned the smile.

Slowly, Nathan leaned towards me, then gently, as light as a feather, he kissed me. Placing his forehead on mine.

"Adam..."

"Yeah?"

Nathan grabbed both my hands and placed them on top of his shoulders, instinctively I laced my fingers together and loosely wrapped my arms around his neck. Whilst, he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me towards him.

He fished his phone out of his pocket and started playing a song. A song so familliar to the ears. It almost feels nostalgic. When I realized what song it was, my eyes widened and I gasped, a smile tugging at my lips. "I-is th-that..." I trailed off.

Nathan smiled sweetly and me, tightening his hold on me. He placed his forehead on top of mine and started swaying us both to the tune.

Then, "And I'd give up forever to touch you
'Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now" he started singing along as he traced a lone finger from my temple to the side of my face and my jaw. I leaned my head toward his finger, closing my eyes, feeling the breeze of the morning calm.

"And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breathe is your life
And sooner or later it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's meant to be broken
I just want you to know who I am"

With tears brimming in my eyes, I looked at him, a soft smile on my lips.

The sun's rays touched his features, creating a shadow on the other side of his face.

A/N HI GUYSSSSS! I am sooo sorry for not having updated sooner and for the super short update. I swear, I'm drowning in my own tears! TT_TT

Anyhow, please continue to support me and HNMJ by SHARING, COMMENTING, AND ESPECIALLY VOTING ON THE STORY!

I'd also like to thank @AndrewHass for voting on my last update. THAAAAANK YOU. Notifs like someone following me or voting on my stories are just the best!

I also have an English-Filipino story, Pretty Lies,Ugly Truths, please do check that one out. I've been getting lots of story ideas for that story.

Again, thanks for those who took the time to read my story! I'll make sure to update sooner, and cheeerio :*