A Tale From Long Ago

Justine's P.O.V
"I see you're training hard, Mistress Justine." An equally familiar voice echoed. As my vision adjusts to the light, then I realized it was Astrum. "A-Astrum??" A bit stunned, I stared at his face until he lends me a hand and helps me stand up. My fire goddess armor disappeared and I am now wearing my regular clothes. "It's seems I've interrupted you at a wrong time, I presume." Astrum asked.

Now walking in his human man, Igneel approached us with a welcoming grin. "Not at all, Astrum! Now tell me, what are you doing here? Aren't supposed to be with YOUR Queen Emilia?" Igneel teasingly grins as he emphasizes the word 'Your'. I don't know what he meant by that but I simply giggled, for reasons only they know.

Astrum slightly blushes in annoyance and answers like nothing happened. "That is why I am here. Queen Emilia wishes to speak with Justine and the others." Astrum said looking quite serious. I think I know why she wants to see us. "S-So, have you visited Ryu and Azzel yet?" I asked. "Yes, I have. They're waiting for you outside the Dragomire Cathedral." With no delay response, Astrum said.

"Hm... I see... You can take Justine, we'll continue this tomorrow..." He pauses and turns into a dragon once more. "And besides, I'm too lazy to be teaching her anyway!" He immediately flies off, laughing. "That dragon never changed, I wonder how did he remain the king of the fire dragons for this long?" Astrum questions and faces me. "Shall we go then?" Gestures his hand at me and I took it. In a flash, we teleported to the Dragomire Cathedral.

The Dragomire Cathedral is the place where the murals of events that lead to the creation of the Dragon Realm are presented. It is also where the coronation of the Dragon Queen is held. Personally, I never had been to the cathedral before, so is Ryu and Azzel. This will be the first time, I wonder what will see.

When we arrived at the entrance, I wasn't surprise to see Azzel being calm as ever; wish I could say the same for Ryu. "Hey, Ryu what are you doing?" I awkwardly stared at Ryu, who looked like he was about to cry tears of joy. "I-I'm so thankful to Queen Emilia right now! She's such a lifesaver!" The tears are starting to gush out, and I couldn't help but giggle at his overreaction.

"Ryu's just happy because he was about to be cornered by an angry Takashi when Astrum showed up and excuse him from training." Azzel smiled. "Oh! So that's why he's..." We both glanced back at Ryu, who was now down on both knees and his hands were praising the heavens; we slightly chuckled at him.

"Okay, enough with the drama, you guys. Queen Emilia is waiting inside the Cathedral." Astrum said as he placed both his hands of the cathedral doors, which had the insignia of the Dragon Realm. Ryu stood up and all three of us nodded. Astrum pushed open the doors and revealed the inside of the cathedral. We all went inside with gazes at everything.

There are two rows of long benches and in between was a deep red carpet with yellow lining. On its walls were several beautiful, shimmering mosaics that depict the events that lead to the creation of the Dragon Realm. In front of us was a grand statue of Dragomire himself, in front of that was a throne. I felt my heartbeat so fast when I looked into the eyes of Dragomire's Statue. I part of me felt like they seem so warm and familiar, I think maybe this feeling came from my magic's original owner, Queen Delphine von Dragmire...

"Awesome! This place is enormous!!!" Ryu energetic voice echoed through the halls, which snapped me out of my trance. "Ryu, keep your voice down. Remember, this is a sacred place, dedicated to the creator of the Dragon Realm, Dragomire." Azzel tried to tell Ryu but ultimately failed and Ryu continued to awe loudly about how impressive this place is. Azzel smiles with a small sweat drop as he continues to watch Ryu.

"It always seems to lively whenever you're around, Ryu." A familiar gentle female voice echoed in front. Walking out from another door at one of the corners, was woman with dark brown hair that reaches mid-way down her back, she also has matching brown eyes but her skin was slightly pale. Queen Emilia stops just in front of the statue and the throne, Astrum walks towards her and stands by her side. "Thank you Astrum for bringing them here." Queen Emilia thanks Astrum and he nods in response.