Arena's Grave

Ryu’s P.O.V
“Okie-dokie! See ya, Justine!” I followed Azzel outside and closed the door. Azzel leaned against the wall besides Justine’s door, while just stand there being bored. Then a moment later, Azzel spoke. “Hey, Ryu?” Azzel asked me and my boredom is removed. “Yeah?” I answered, waiting for his question.

“Is it fine to go to Arena after she had the nightmare? You know she still blames herself for happened two years ago?” He asked in a serious tone and a worried look. “I’m confident she’ll be fine. She IS a tough girl, you know.” I smiled again, reassuring him everything will be fine. But, he’s still concern.

He’s expression got more depressing, the more he thinks about Justine’s feelings and of course, I decided to cheer him up. “Azzel, we’ve been friends for a long time and we treated each other like true siblings would. So, trust me if say she’ll be fine, ‘kay?” Azzel looked at me and smiled. “Right, but you forgot one thing, if she’s in any danger or if she’s just crying we’ll always be there to protect her, right?” Azzel added and we both smiled at each other and trusted each other’s words.

Moments later, the door swung open and came out Justine in her usual clothes. “Hey, guys. What are you talking about?” She asked us. “Nothing, it’s a guy thing, that’s all.” What I said was half the truth but, hey, it’s still the truth. I smiled at Azzel while giving him a thumb up, he slightly smiles and nods at me. Justine, who is confused at our gesture, just shrugged it off and ignored it.

“Never mind. I’m all set, let’s go.” She and Azzel started walking down the hall. I stood there speechless. “Wait! Wait! Wait! WAIT!!” I yelled out. Both of them stopped in their tracks, with a puzzled expression.  “Yeah? What’s wrong?” Justine asked me. “Aren’t you going to teleport us there? It’s way faster.” I asked.

“Let’s walk instead. It isn’t that far you know.” She told me. But, I’m too lazy to walk, so I pouted and stayed put. I heard Justine sighed and, without looking at me, said. “If you don’t want to walk, it’s fine. We’ll just go without you. Let’s go Azzel.” She started to walk away from me. I got a bit irritated.

Azzel turns to look at me and said, with his casual smile. “Come on, Ryu. Don’t be lazy.” He then walked to Justine’s right side. But before that, I swear I heard him chuckle at me. That made me mad that he knew I was lazy to walk. “URGH… I AM NOT LAZY!!!” I ran to her left side. They both were slightly laughed and I just pouted.

Justine’s P.O.V
Ryu’s annoyed pouting face is priceless. I wipe the tears of laughter off my eye and look ahead at the corridor. “Okay then, now that everyone has agreed to walk, let’s go to Arena’s Grave.” I said cheerfully and we once again started walking. But, the moment I said ‘Arena’s Grave’ the happy, cheerful yet saddening memories of him began to flow back.

Arena Blaze, he was 14 when he died. Born on May 7 and died July 9, just 2 days before my birthday. But before all that, he was brought to the Dragon Realm 3 years after Ryu and Azzel. Unlike them, he was the only one knew what his family looked-like. But, unfortunately, they were killed in a massive wild fire caused by lighting, in the middle of their family camping trip. With that in mind, he was determined to learn fire and lighting dragon slaying. When he mastered it he changed his name to Arena Blaze to remember why he chose those 2 types of dragon magic.

Before I could realize, we are already outside the castle and headed towards Arena’s favorite spot and his grave.
“So Justine is there any chance I could learn a third magic ability?” Ryu’s at it again with his silly antics. “Why’d you need to ask? And, why ask me?” I gave him another question instead of an answer.

“Cuz, I want to become stronger so I can protect the Dragon Realm, our home and everyone I care about as well. And because, you are the only one who knows more magic than we do, I just thought if you can tell if we can.” Ryu explains as he glances up to greet the dragons who are passing by and glanced back at me. “Well, I don’t know.” I tilled my head and smile at him. He’s a bit surprise like he wasn’t expecting that answer.