Future Diary

P.O.V Harold Edward Styles

   “It’s really dangerous out there so be careful on your way home, that’s all for today.” Mr.Jones said and ended the class. I always hate math, so I spend my time writing my diary in a way Mr.Jones cannot see. I write it in my phone, it’s very uncommon, but there are people who write there diary in their phones.

   I’m an observer; I like to write about everything I see. People think that I’m a freak, that plays with his phone all the time, or that I don’t have a right to live. I don’t know, maybe there rite. When I was in elementary school, people used to ask me to hang out. But when I kept turning them down things turned out this way. I had nothing to do so, keeping a diary became a hobby.

   I was on my way home, the rock I found on the ground three weeks ago was still there, so I wrote about it again in my diary, a cat fell from the wall, I wrote about it too. It was comfortable been an observer who simply wrote what he saw.

   Getting in the house, taking my shoes off and going in to my room, I put my bag on my study table, then went over to bed and hugged my bed sheet over me closing my eyes, it’s the one way I can think piece fully.

   I do have a friend, though he’s an imaginary one. When I opened my eyes, I was in my imaginary world. Let me explain, my imaginary world is a god’s world, there was a huge throne, and on it was sitting Deus. Someone that I could call my best friend, because he’s the only friend I have. He is the god of space and time, Deus Ex Machina. He is the god that governs time and space.

   “Is that you, Harold?” he asked me, he was busy as always, Non-stop typing at his computer. His big skull looked down to see me sitting on my bed, “Give me a moment. I am fine-tuning causalities right now.”

   “Are you up to something again?” I asked smiling at my only friend.

   “The world need some stimuli every once in a while.”

   “I don’t want to start a war just to add stimuli.”

   “Don’t be like that, the next game will be an interesting one,” he made a face at me like expecting me to participate in his game.

   I started to write my diary again, only stopped by a very familiar voice, “Your diary again?” Murumuru, Deus’s wright hand partner, “how do you even find that many things to write about?”

   “Well, I note everything I see, including when it happened and were it happened, hay stop making a mess!” she was crawling on my bed next to me, making a big mess.

   “You’re an idiot,” she said making her duck face by pointing her lips and pressing her eyes together. She is like a baby, her body is like a baby, she is about three feet tall, but she is actually more than a decade, her tanned skin color reminds me of the movie stars and fashion stars that get on stage, but because of her body, it doesn’t match her that much. And one more thing, she has a devils tail.

   “That makes your diary totally random.” She started eating a corn from I-have-no-idea.

   “That’s right, my diary is random that doesn’t have a clear purpose to it, all I have are, this diary and this imaginary world.” I don’t know why but I sounded like I was sad when I wasn’t.

   “Are you lonely?” Deus asked me.

   “Not really,” the answer was obvious. I had no reason to be lonely for.

   “But if you could, would you like to change?” he saw my reaction and spoke before I could, “very well, I will give you a future.” He held up his hand for me to hand him something, before I could ask him what to give him, my phone buzzed in my hand. I looked at the message, it was from Deus.