Initial Failure 3

Marcy Rose

   Damn, my left eye stings because of the rain. But I have to get some place safe. Shit why are there police here too? They shouldn’t be this far… I ran to the big rock nearby and hid behind it.

   This is strange. I’m running exactly as the Escape Diary says, yet the future is changing. I gasped; the answer is obvious: another Diary Owner is near here, chasing me.

   I can hear footsteps of heavy boots coming towards to by the grass. I can’t see well because of the heavy rain and the darkness. Damn, black boots came into view following black jeans and black jacket over a red shirt. Who is he? I can’t see his face.

   He put his arms in the air, like he’s giving up on an argument, “Keep it down.” He said with a heavy voice. “You can still move.”

   Suddenly my whole body felt stiff and numb, I can’t move my arms and legs. I can only feel some parts of me. He came closer and grabed me by my arm, “W-What are you…” I couldn’t finish my question.

   He put my arm over his shoulder and said, “I’m here to help you, come with me.”

   “What are you thinking?” I asked with all the strength left.

   “You don’t have any choice now.” He took me off of the ground and carried me like a princess, I blushed but I had no more strength to argue, I fell asleep on his warm hands.

   Ouch, ouch and ouch, I put my hand on my left eye, it hurts, and damn it hurts like hell.

   “Here’s some pain killer, take them.” A voice said close to me, I opened my other eye and took a close look at the place where I am, a wooden house, like a little cottage, where am I? In the woods? “Come on, take it and things will ease for you.” He said, I looked at him besides me, he had a paper bag over his head.

   “Who are you?” I asked him taking the medicine form him.

   “Me? If I were to say…” he continued, “…a hero of justice”

   I smiled at him, “Then you’re saving the wrong person.”

   “I do what I believe is right,” he said, “I make no mistakes.”

   “Don’t cry if you regret it latter.” Humph, what a fool! This will be a good chance to survive with the police!

   “If someone’s doing something that they will regret later, it would be you.” He said, what is that supposed to mean? My diary!

   I checked for me phone in my underwear, (I had no place to keep it, and it was raining outside, so I had no choice but to keep it there, in my underwear), I sighed when I found my phone, and opened it, I don’t see any change in the diary, so I’m fine?

   “I didn’t take anything that belongs to you,” I sat in the soft bed, and took the water glass he put on the table besides the bed, and drank the water with the pain killers. Again I feel stiff and uncontrolled, I fell on the floor with no strength, what did he give me?

   “What did you give me?” I asked him angrily.

   “It is medicine necessary for the treatment,” he said and came over and leaned so our faces will be met, I looked at him, eyes like a predator.

   I checked my diary again, the entry wasn’t rewritten, and it was as it is, no change…

   “You can wake up now, Marcy Rose.” He said and counted starting from three. “Three, two and one”