Chapter 28

After Taehyung untied me, it was pretty silent between the two of us. I decided to speak up, just so it wasn't as awkward.

"Why did he hurt you?" I asked. That probably was a pretty bad question to ask, but whatever. I was just trying to make conversation.

"I don't know... Maybe that's what his plan was. To get me here, and then make me suffer I guess? And then kill me, probably..." Taehyung said. I don't get how he was saying any of this so easily. "And I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but he killed someone once, he's probably not very hesitant to do it again."

"I get what you mean..." I replied, not really sure what to say.

"But also, when I was dragged out of here, I caught a glimpse of some other man, but it wasn't Hyungsik. I'm not sure who it was, but this guy was pretty tall and muscular looking. Your Appa is most likely working with him."

"Oh, okay." I replied, glad to know. "I already know he's working with a few people, I just don't know who they are." 

"And if you ever catch a glimpse of him somewhere in this crazy building, you'll know when you see him. He's HUGE, you can't miss him." Taehyung said. "Stronger than Jungkook."

I laughed. Jungkook was the muscle pig of the group. But then my happiness faded, and I remembered that he was my twin all along. How could I forget? This was going to take awhile to get used to.

"Are you okay?" Taehyung asked, and I nodded.

"We need to make a plan." I mouthed to him.

"How?" He mouthed back, and I shrugged. I tried to think of what we would need to do to get out, and then suddenly an idea popped into my head.

I started glancing around the room, trying to find where the camera was located, and if there was multiple.

I smiled once I found it. Bingo. It was located right above the door, and I smirked as I walked over to it.

"What are you doing?" Taehyung asked in confusion.

I turned around and put a finger to my lips, telling him to be quiet. I carefully inspected the camera, and just watched it. It didn't seem to be moving around or anything to see the entire room, it was just fixed in one position. 

That meant that the camera had to have at least one blind spot.

I tried to figure out where that blind spot would be, to see if my plan could work. So based on where the camera was, there probably was a blind spot right underneath, at the door. And also another blind spot to its far right and left, but I wasn't sure how big each of those spots were.

"Taehyung, come here." I said as I walked as far away from the camera as possible, a quick plan forming in my head. Taehyung followed as I said, and I started whispering what my idea was to him. I didn't want the camera or microphone to pick up what I was saying.

"You're sure it'll work?" Taehyung said.

"Maybe... but it'll at least get us out of the room. And then we might be able to escape easily from there." I whispered.

"But if it doesn't work, then we'll be in huge trouble." Taehyung whispered with a worried tone in his voice.

"It's worth a try." I said with a shrug.

"Well how are we going to figure out if he's watching us or not?" Taehyung asked.

"Like this. If we get a reply, then we know that he's there, but if there's none, then we know he might not be watching." I said, and then walked into the center of the room.

"Hey Appa, I have a question!" I said, loud enough that he definitely would have heard me if he was watching the cameras.

"What is it?" His tired voice said over the intercom. Oh... well I guess he was watching us. Now I had to think of a question, and fast.

"Um... so if you were watching Jungkook the whole time, does that mean that you know a lot about the other members of BTS as well?" I asked.

"Uh..." Appa mumbled, probably thinking about his response. "Sort of. I wasn't paying attention to the other members, but I could tell little things about their personalities and other things like that based on how they were when they were around Jungkook."

"Oh..." I replied, trying to keep up a conversation. Maybe I could get something useful out of this? "So like what did you find out? I want to know if what you thought you saw was accurate or not."

Appa sighed. I could tell he could care less about this discussion. "Let's see... well J-Hope was pretty talkative, and energetic... and Suga seemed very serious and straightforward sometimes, but other times he was fun and happy and energetic." He explained.

"What about the other members?" I asked, and Appa sighed again.

"If we're having such a long conversation, wouldn't it be better for me to just be in the same room as you?" Appa asked, and I had an even better idea than before.

"Oh, okay, that works." I said, holding back the urge to grin out of excitement. We might actually be getting out of here.

"Okay." Appa replied, and he left the intercom.

I waited a few seconds, and then ushered Taehyung over by the door, so the two of us were standing on either side. I was praying that this would work, or else we would both be in big trouble.

I tried to be as silent as possible, hoping that Appa would fall for our trick. If he hadn't left wherever the cameras were and was still watching us, then he might know that we're up to something. Yet, he could be pretty stupid and still believe that I really just want to know what he knows about the members. But there was only one way to find out, and that was to just do it.

I waited for him to open the door, and glanced over at Taehyung as a rush of fear went through my veins. A million possibilities went through my mind of what could happen if this went wrong, but there was also a million possibilities for this going right. 

Suddenly, the door opened and I flinched. Taehyung was the first to act, pushing my Appa as hard as he could out of the way. Appa fell backwards, not expecting us to fight back. I wanted to punch him, or kick him, or injure him somehow, but it would just be a waste of time. We needed to run while we had the chance.

I ran down the hallway as fast as I could, and tried to figure out which door was the way out. I could open every single one, but that would take a while, especially since it was a long hallway.

I turned around to see Taehyung coming behind me, and I figured that we could split up. I hadn't thought this far into the plan yet, and we were just acting spontaneously. 

"You go left, I'll go right." I said, and Taehyung nodded. I started opening every single door on the right side, hoping that it would be more than just an empty room or another hallway. But the few doors that were in this hallway didn't seem to go near any exits, and I started to freak out. We didn't have much time, and Appa would surely come get us eventually. I was a bit confused as to why he hadn't caught us yet, but maybe he hit his head or something and was just out of it for a few seconds or something.

But then I saw the door at the very end of the hallway, and realized that door was probably it. I ran towards it, and shook the handle violently, trying to get it open. But it wouldn't budge.

"Dammit!" I groaned. I started kicking the door, hard, trying to see if I could knock it down. But obviously, I was too small and weak to do it.

"Let me try!" Taehyung said as he pulled me out of the way, and tried to kick it down with all his might.

Suddenly, I was pulled backwards by the collar of my shirt, and I gasped in shock.

"You two aren't going anywhere."