Six

*Amanda's POV*

    We had finally moved into our place, it wasn't much but it was better than a motel room. Work was okay, I saw a lot of crazy shit that I wasn't quite sure how to explain. Some days were more exciting than others.

    I was getting ready for work as Chris laid on the bed passed out. He had a late night the previous night. I was happy that we were finding things that made us happy. Him and his band were starting to get people interested. Things were going great I thought to myself as I left out the door. The station I worked at wasn't all that far from our place. When I got to work the manager was there.

     "Hi Amanda!" Luke said as he smiled at me.

     "Hey what's going on?" I asked smiling back at him.

     "The usual." He said with a grin.

      "That explains everything!" I said knowing of all the crazy shit to happen nothing surprised me more. I clocked in and took over the register while Luke went in back.

      The day was going by slowly, I felt tired even more tired than normal. I tried to brush it off as nothing but I kept feeling the overwhelming need to cry. I wasn't sure why, but I was extremely glad when my shift was over. When I got back to our place Chris wasn't home which was normal. He was probably with his band.

    I took my shoes off and sat my bag down before going to the couch and sitting down. I grabbed the book I was reading and tried to read. I couldn't focus on the book. I decided to just sit there. It was maybe 45 minutes later Chris came through the door.

   "Are you okay Amanda?" Chris asked noticing my distant expression.

    "Yeah today was just long and I felt overly emotional." I said straining myself not to bust down right then and there.

    "Well Amanda, everybody has rough day. C'mere." He said opening his arms. I scooted closer to him, I curled into his arms. He closed his arms around me holding me. Some how I tried to tell myself that he was right. I wanted to believe him so much but for that moment I decided to stop thinking about it and enjoy being with him.

     "Chris will you promise me somethin?" I asked him looking up at him.

     "Sure, what is it?" He asked looking at me.

     "Will you promise me that we'll always be here for each other." I said looking at him.

     "Of course I promise. Amanda, I love you and I want nothing more than you because you give me everything." He whispered kissing the top of my head.

   "I'm tired." I said with a sleepy, warm smile.

    He didn't say a word,  he just lifted me in his arms cradling me towards his chest. I felt warm and safe in his arms. They felt like home and couldn't deny how that made me feel.

A/N: Sorry about the shirt chapter I just wanted to get a decent update up.