Chapter 3: Market

Dream

I'm back at the place where the sky is filled with stars and bright full moon that lights the way. Everything's the same except for the bench facing the lake reflecting the moon. When I reached the place, the dream ends.

End of Dream

Singing birds greet me and the wound hurts a bit but I will get used to it. After making my bed, I head downstairs to have my breakfast.

...

"I want to be strong!"

Mother just smiled while father looked serious. It was silent for a moment until my father opened his mouth.

"You want to be strong?" Father now looked different, I've never seen him like this before.

"Yes." I said, not wavering from the intimidating stare of father.

"Then rest up for now and let your wounds heal." After saying that, father returned to his normal self and pat my head while mother held my hand firmly.

...

We are now in the capital to sell our crops in the market. Given the wound, I'm not allowed to help unload and just positioned myself in the stall with a business smile. It feels like I am an NPC in a game waiting for a customer.

Some adventurers asks for directions or quests. Although commoners' power does not par with that of a noble or that sometimes powerless, we can still use tools forged by blacksmiths and be adventurers or knights.

"How much is a sack of potatoes dear?" Asked by a woman in a maid outfit snapping me out of my thoughts.

"5 argentum ma'am" I said with my business smile. The currency in this world is called argentum.

"I will buy two sacks dear."

The woman paid and I hand the sack of potatoes to the boy around my age for it to be placed in their wagon.

"Thank you for purchasing."

That maid bought a lot. I wonder what party they are throwing in the house they are serving.

"How's the business going on Ali?" Father arrived with mother after they delivered some goods to our loyal customers.

"It's good. Two sacks of potatoes and other goods were sold."

"Already? You've done good dearie" mother said, surprised.

"I think they are going to throw a party or something, they even got their wagon full."

"Ah, yes, that reminds me, the 2nd prince will be celebrating his birthday tomorrow."

"Is that so?"

"Yes dearie, both of you are turning 15 tomorrow." Mother giggled at the thought of matchmaking.

"Ugh, Puhlease. It's mere coincidence." I shake my head and smiled, meeting the prince and falling in love only happen in fairy tales and besides it will be impossible for me to meet him.

"Ali, can you deliver this to the blacksmith just around the corner?" father interrupted and handed me an envelope.

"Sure, the first blacksmith shop right?" I love visiting that shop, the weapons are cool looking.

"Yes."

"I'm going!" I excitedly said, father wave his hand while mother is busy dealing with the customers.

The market became crowded and busy when I passed through the street to do the errand.

Third POV

The woman talks to the man beside her while she watch her daughter run off.

"Are you sure of letting her go to the academy?"

The man hesitates before answering,

"Ali is strong, she fought with a beast that managed to pass through the watch of the knights. She only lacks the knowledge and skills to fight."

"I guess no matter how much we protect her from the past, we can only watch her grow and support her now."

"I think so too... with what happened yesterday, we are not always there for her." The man sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose. The woman pats his shoulder and after a while thought of something to lift the mood.

"I hope that her clumsiness will be fixed by the academy though."

Both of them laughed at the statement while reminiscing.