Chapter 7 Unexpected

2nd examination

A wonderful scene greets me as I entered the portal along with the other examinees, the trees looked like it reached the heavens by how large and tall they are. Looking around, I imagined myself and the other examinees as little ants and laughed at the thought.

If I have a camera, I would have taken a picture right away to store it in my photo collections. For this world, a photographic memory will do, an aptitude that this world gifted me with.

The crowd hustled and bustled as they started the Ability exam, I'm not really sure on how or where I should start and just walked around while looking up at the trees as I think about the objective of the exam, "find your way through the forest maze with a badge in hand before dark," the examiner said.

"Hmmm, I wonder if I can climb this trees, they said nothing about the rules though." I thought out loud with my thumb and index finger caressing my chin.

Just in case, I looked around to observe what the others are doing only to find myself the only one looking up. Also, they seemed to have formed their own little groups already.

I searched for the main characters and found the two instantly, Chestnut (what's her name again?) is teamed up with the Prince/Sly boy and another two and went deep into the forest. I searched for my bet but he's not around.

Once again, I looked up and saw something glinting at the top, I don't know if it's just a hallucination or what but... How will I climb up this tall trees?

I propelled myself and grabbed one branch and rest my feet on the other, I looked up to see that I made a little progress.

Grabbing each branch and stepping on the other to propel my body, a strong gust of wind hit me, tipping me over.

"waaahhhhhh!!!" I slipped.

To add the bad timing, something got into my eyes forcing me to close it and just put my hands up in hope for something to grab on.

At that moment, I don't know why I wished for it but these are the times I wish Tarzan is here and pick me up like what he did to Jane.

...

...

...

I'm still FAaaaaLLING!

...

I got hold of some of the branches but the pull of the gravity is so strong that some of it snapped and some I just can't get a grip on.

...

...

...

"Sh*&**tttttt!!!!" I can't help myself from swearing.

Is this how my life in this world will end? This is why I don't f****ing climb trees in my previous life in the beginning!

...

...

...

I somehow waited for the impact, expecting it to be similar to what happened from my previous life but it never came, my hands are still up. I tried to open my eyes but it stings. With the other one still up, I used my other hand to rub my eye.

SH*T

I felt my body being lifted up through the air, my vision is a little bit blurry but what hold me next and what I see next as my vision became clear is really unexpected.

My eyes widened and at a loss for words.

He held my hand that is still up in the air and let me step on the branch he's stepping on.

Am I dreaming? This is like a scene from Howl's Moving Castle! WAHHHH! I was just about to die a second ago, I can likely die now! I mean no!

Getting a hold of myself from my internal screaming while maintaining a calm image is 'really' difficult.

"What's your name?" He just talked to me.

Did he just ask me?

He waved his hand in front of me and I snapped out.

"LOVE!" I spout the name I called him in my mind subconsciously.

Shiiii--- Did I just say that?

"Love?" He asked for confirmation.

Is what I want you to call me...

"I mean Summers. Aliya Summers. Love is what my parents call me. he.he..."

Nope. not really.

"Summers?" He asked for confirmation once again.

"Yes! Uh... Thank you very much!" I smiled and felt really grateful. for the appearance.

"Never mind. Why are you up here?" He asked me another question.

Oh my! I'm still talking to him! I thought he would just leave me here and give me the cold shoulder like any other guy would do in the first meeting straight from a manga!

"Uhm, I thought I saw something glint up here." I gave my information right away.

"This?" He held out two badges in a necklace.

"Yes?" I tilt my head as I recall the objective of the exam.

"Here." He just gave the other one to me and leave me.

He easily proceeded to the treetop and looked cool looking when the wind blows his hair and clothes.

I didn't let go of the chance to take a photographic memory of his face and this scene playing in front of me and will let the artist at the capital draw this surely.

My encounter with him is just... UNEXPECTED!

Third POV

A man looked up and saw something glint for a moment, he used his elemental power, WIND, to propel himself up. Unbeknownst to him, a girl was also climbing her way up. When he grabbed the badges that he saw glinting from below, he heard a scream and looked down.

"waaahhhhhh!!!"

There was a delay but he was sure it was his doing when he used the wind to propel himself.

Feeling bad, he called forth the wind again and saved the girl and brought her to his side.

He asked for the girl's name and the girl introduced herself and thanked him.

He asked for the reason as to why the girl is there, up with him, when the others are all on the ground.

When she told him the reason, he saw that there are two badges in his hand and gave the other one to the girl. With that, he left the girl and went up.

Later on, he tried remembering the name of the girl and her face but it was all blurry.