Ticking Time Bomb

•☆Prologue☆•

Jeon Jungkook glanced down at his watch, his legs now power-walking through crowds and crowds of people cluttered through the hall. 'Geez, I'm gonna be late for work!' he thought to himself.

It had been in the midst of the summer season in Korea. Wasn't too hot nor too cold--just right in fact that he only had to wear a white tee and black skinny jeans to keep himself comfortable while getting through the groups of people at the flooded airport.

'12:36. I've only got four more minutes until my plane takes off--shit!' Jungkook started to run with full speed, holding his bag to the side of him, staggering over slow people as he pushed through. Many of them either cursed or yelled but that was the least of Jungkook's issues.

"Flight seventeen will be departing in five minutes." That was the intercom going that echoed loudly yet not as loud as the children crying and throwing temper-tantrums in the distance.

"Oh come on!" Jungkook winced as his shoe lace almost trips himself. He quickly reaches down, tucking them into the sides of his shoe. 'I don't have the time for this.'

His silver chain necklace hits his chest as he swayed by a young couple. 'Three minutes now. Am I even going to make it in time?' He harshly gulps back some pressure that built up in his throat. His eyes darted up towards the direction signs that hung, glowing blue with green arrows pointing to different flight numbers.

'Flight seventeen, going to have to take a left down the hall and to the right, second door in...'

Jungkook hated being placed under pressure like this, himself scrambling every second his watch counted down. He'd passed over a thousand glass windows with the sunlight peering through to produce all of the light.

"Flight seventeen will be departing in one minute."

Jungkook cursed violently, sprinting as usual for being held late. He panted as his breath was hard to take in each time because of having asthma, though it didn't stop him.

'Gotta..run...faster! 40 seconds...' Jungkook's young mind was speeding before his eyes. He was shocked now. Only seconds to pass but he'd been close to his flight. 'Now right...32 seconds...'

Sweat drips down to his blue veined neck. His arm kept his bag tight against him, gliding down the stairway flawlessly. 'Ugh, 20 seconds!!'

His heart raced, every beat of it pumping through his earlobes, creating them to ring. He clenched his teeth. '15 seconds.'

....

'8 seconds...'

....

'5 seconds...'

Jungkook had been devastated. It was a job he'd always wanted to do and drempt of throughout the year.

His face lit up with relief as he took his way safely, and arriving on time, making it up the airplane platform steps while shutting the door as he entered.