The Abyss

"Hoseok! Come on, don't just stand there!" Jin thrusted out his right hand and grasps his wrist.

"But what about--"

Namjoon rudely inturrupted the conversation, "Don't worry about the boy and the attendant. They're going to make it too. We don't have enough time. Now's our chance!" The six of the members jumped off on their count of three, exiting safely at once as a group.

Jungkook stood up from kneeling at the boys' level, taking his hand. "It's going to be okay as long as you're with me." He held the boy close to him, head pushed against his lower abdomin as the airplane held unsteady, tipping and started its twirl in the air as the turbulence risen. He climbed with a hand, holding onto the bars on the back of the plane seats as he neared the front exiting door.

A few suitcases broadly flew down the isle, having Jungkook duck to dodge them both.
The boy started to sob quietly.

"Shhh. It'll be okay. Remember, your fate will be safe with me, yes? Hush, I know you're safe with me. Shhh..."

The boy's expressions enlarged as he yelped while pointing ahead with his small finger, "W-watch out Jungkook sir!"

'Shit!' The door ripped off from its' hinges violently, coming right towards the motionless Jungkook. He missed his dodge as the side of the door scraped against his cheek, having him whine in agony.

"Ugh!" His hand reached up to his cheek, warm red blood of his pouring into his cold hands. With teeth clenched, he dragged the boy with him down the isle. To his left in the open, a parachute pack hung. "S-stay here." He had told the boy when placing him safely between two chairs.

"Okay Jungkook s-sir." The boy's eyes were filled with a mix of sadness and fear.

Jungkook limped towards the pack from the hanging string above the chairs. The boy and him were the only ones left on the plane. 'It's up to me now to save us. I need...' He reached above, struggling. His hand touched one of the loose straps, gathering himself the confidence to fully tug the pack. It landed with a thud into a seat but he picked it up, flawlessly going around his arms and set onto his broad shoulders.

"Boy." The boy looked up to him, as if a wolf pup to a mother. "Come. It's time for our departure. It's gonna be alright, k? I'm sorry for your loss..." Jungkook gulped back his tears. He knew the boy had a heart with being close to his family. Earlier times on the plane ride, he'd talked with the boy, comforted him as he wished. The boy was traveling to family members alone by himself.

'It must be hard for this little boy...I know how that feels. Even to lose everything you could possibly in life.'

'Alone...that word can be so powerful.'

"I promise you that I'll send you to your desired destination when we are found...I...ah, look I just wanted to say that--" His words suddenly trudge off towards the sight of the boy, whom sobbed heavily. "It's gonna be okay." Jungkook grabbed the boy's clammy hand, fixing his mangled hair with the other.

"All I wanted was to be close to them like old times..." Tears burned his reddened cheeks as they brushed, descending below.

"I know. I wish that too. And I'm sorry." Jungkook and the boy stood at the very ledge of the opened part of the plane. He took a deepened breath, closing his eyes and keeping his head up towards the sunlight that warmed his body. His hand kept a tight grip. It had been his role to keep the small boy safe, like he had promised. A broken promise was the last thing on his mind, last thing he wanted to happen in the world.

"I assure you'll be safe in good hands. Breathe calmly and you'll be fine. Don't try to panic or you'll start hallucinating." Jungkook carefully pulled the boy, leaning off the edge with him. "Stay calm." He pressed the boy back into his chest, slipping promptly from the edge. A rush of wind flown and crushed deeply among their bodies.

Jungkook's arms bulged out with their veins while holding with a grip on the boy's upper body portion. "I won't be able to carry your weight this--this long, alright? You're going to have to land alone. But I'll be with you. Just listen to my instructions."

The boy yelped as Jungkook let go of him and took both his hands in his. They lay flat in the air as they fall, circling. "I want you to pull that tab when I tell you to. Got it? But not until I say."

"Okay J-Jungkook sir." The boy attempted to sound brave even though he couldn't be. His eyes wander below himself, almost gagging.

"Don't look down. Look at me," Jungkook says while holding his shoulders now, eyes gleaming into his. "On the count of three."

"Right," the boy said while fiercely nodding.

One of his hands slid to the back of his pack, waiting, alike with the boy whom followed his orders.

"One..."

The boy's hand trembled.

"Two..."

Jungkook shoved the boy to the side, "Three!" With a bursting sound, the two of them floated into the air once more as the parachutes caught the air.

"J-Juh-Jungkook I'm scared!" the boy screamed while failing in the air.

Jungkook dumbly stared at the boy. "Try and stay still. Don't thrash yourself around or your pack might fail...And I don't want that to happen."

The boy shivered, his teeth raddling and making a clattering noise. His dark hair swayed as he turned his view back down.

"Beautiful isn't it?" Jungkook questions while realizing what the boy had been looking at.

"Ehh..." the boy sighs. His heart thumped within his chest. "I just wish this never happened...my grandparents they..."

"I know. Same...I'm sorry you have to go through this."

"..."

"But at least we're safe, yes?"

"Yeah...I guess so," the boy says while giving a small smile to his lips. "Thank you for everything Jungkook sir."

"Heh, no problem kid." He winked as a reply. "You don't need to thank me. You've been brave--we've been brave together so that's why we're here."

"Yeah." The boy seemed more happy, his eyes as curves, mouth widened. "I still thank you Jungkook sir. You're definitely more brave than I to be honest. If only people were to see and respect your bravery...it's sad how they don't. But hey, like you said Jungkook. You know you're --" he rubbed his tearing eyes. "You're the only one that's ever cared for me this much. I wouldn't change a thing about it even if I had to."

"Really?" Jungkook grinned, as the both of them glided softly towards the sunlit island below, its waves splashing relaxingly across the shore.