Wondrous

Kim Namjoon studied the teal waves. He brought his stiff hand to his forehead to block the sunlight as he searched for land of other sorts, other islands, sailboats--anything for sight. He even tried to yell a few times, them echoing back through his ears, bringing him a feeling of doubt. There had been nothing in fact to rescue them from the island. He placed his hand pressed now against his head, tilting his head descended. 

Taehyung raised his view as a seagull flew above him, wings soaring freely, eyes then placed forwards on Namjoon. He walked with his hands casually placed in his pockets, slightly slanted back in a good walking posture. His gucci sandals flipped and clocked against his bare slender feet. "Hey."

Namjoon gaped back, removing his hand. "I've tried everything there is. There's no use."

"Just don't give up, okay? We can make it through. I believe it. Some days it might just be a struggle." He took a deepened breath in as sea water filled his nose, the stench feeling wonderful as it was exhaled. "Don't be so down." Taehyung knelt to the sand. His hands sifted through the edges of the shore.

"Yeah. Heh I guess you're right." Namjoon grinned merrily with Taehyung, scratching the side of his neck. 

"Mhmm." Taehyung lifted his hands full of the sea water. His finger and thumb pinched together into one cuffed hand. A hermit crab wriggled around between his fingers. "Shh!" Taehyung hushed towards Namjoon as he jogged away from him.

Jin rested, relaxed and propped against a palm with a new and updated issue magazine that laid upon his linear legs. His hands lay on his chest that inhaled breaths. His black polarized plastic sunglasses cover over his eyes, the shade from the large leaning palms providing him the comfort.

Taehyung carefully steps towards him. Being careful not to wake himself, he hurries and promptly throws the crab onto his arm.

Jin opened his eyes with confusion then jolted with fear. "Whaaaa-aaaaah-aaaaaaaahhhh get it off of meeeeee!!" He flailed his arm around, the hermit crab pinching to hold on. "Aaaaahhhhh!"

Taehyung laughed at him as he threw the pinching crab to the side. "Wh-what was that for?"

"No more dreams. Come on, let's go build us a shelter. We'll need one for tonight." Taehyung turned and walked an opposite direction than the two.

"Yeah, nightfall is nearing in a few hours. Better get ourselves started," Namjoon agreed. "Unless you would love to sleep with the creepy crawlies."

"Eh, hell no. Not even a chance..." Jin wiped his mouth from sweat that dribbled from his cheek. He picked himself up from the ground with an arm. 

Taehyung's sight had been delighted by the underbrush, the colors of purples, reds, golden yellows, oranges, dark blues, and bright pink flowers. The stems from the ground arise to about a foot of growth, their leaves sprouted out as if an umbrella top.

"Guys, whatever you do, do not touch those plants," Jin noted warningly.

(Namjoon's POV)

'Oh god, I hope those plants aren't harmful...'

'Because I just touched one......'

(End of POV)

"Heh yeah, okay!" Namjoon replied while a drop of sweat slid down his temple, gulping back some saliva that formed from inside his mouth.  "What do those plants do to you? Are they really harmful?"

"Yes they can be lethal. If you touch them, you will have a hard time breathing. Your throat swells up. It can be pretty ugly if you ask me. So just be careful Namjoon."

"And don't touch anything," Taehyung added as to stepping over a patch of the plants. 

"R-right!" Namjoon curved his eyes to hide his embarrassment. "Will do." He felt a cramp from inside his chest, a sickening feeling. That feeling of doubt. Was it? 

Yeah.

Doubt.

That sickening feeling that wants to rip all of your self confidence away from what you love.

'Carry on.'

'I'll be fine.'