4 | Justice

"You can't stop me now; no one can! You will watch as I send your precious sister to Tartarus!" screamed Mnemosyne, a mask of rage written across her face.

But that's all that it was. A mask.

The Titaness was afraid, and she should be.

For harming his brother and sister would cause the end of one's life, be it mortal or immortal.

She raised the spear higher and thrust down, with the intention of at least killing one god before leaving.

It didn't happen that way.

A massive wave of pure energy came speeding from the sun and struck her straight in the chest, knocking her off her feet and pushed her away from the edge of the cliff.

As she staggered to her feet, she noticed that all the monsters had bunched together, throwing the hunters by Artemis, and started to pull out weapons.

Fools, Mnemosyne thought, we could have used them as hostages.

The energy, which had dissipated when it had hit the immortal, seemed to form again, but this time at the brim of the cliff.

A giant beam of golden light formed, arching from the cliff, straight into the glare of the eclipse, seemingly touching the sun.

Artemis and Apollo both started to cry tears of joy, what they had hoped for and deemed impossible was actually happening.

Their brother was returning.

The Titaness fired violet blasts of energy into the light, but it only seemed to absorb the energy. She tried to move but her limbs deadened. Her energy was being drained. She tried to flash away, even if she would look like a coward before a the gods, but she couldn't. She could only watch in fear and awe as the energy created the outline of a being.

With one final pulse, the energy ripped apart, disintegrating the nearest monsters where they stood, leaving a solitary figure on the ridge.

Kneeling before them, wearing an elaborate ancient Greek armor with a classic helmet, was a single being.

As he slowly stood, golden sandals appeared, wrapping around his thighs, his tan skin glistening in the sunlight.

"Hello Mnemosyne, have you missed me?" said Perseus, his tone light, but determination etched in his expression.

———————

"What are you waiting for? Attack!" shrieked Mnemosyne as soon she could suddenly feel her limbs move.

Hesitantly, the monsters attacked, not knowing who this god could be, but it was in vain.

Quick as lightning, Perseus summoned his symbol of power --Umbra-- and threw one of them through the horde, vaporizing several monsters at a time as the warglaive flew through the air, thus proving his title as God of Heroes.

He blocked an overhead strike from the minotaur, and kicked it away as his other weapon returned to his grasp.

He was always walking forward, towards the Titaness, his face completely devoid of emotions. Any attempt to end his immortal life was thwarted, as he managed to dodge or defend against any attack, always walking towards his target.

Stopping between his siblings, he glanced down and smiled down at them sadly.

That's all one monster needed.

A hellhound lunged forwards; he could only tilt his head to avoid most of the danger.

But it still managed to cut his face, ichor dripping from his wound.

"Now it gets fun," smirked Perseus as he sped into action.

With two deft movements, he cut the chains binding his older sister and brother.

Artemis knew this wasn't the time to have a reunion, she rushed to her hunters and freed them as Apollo covered her back.

They were fghting together as they had done so on the last day they had seen their brother alive.

Meanwhile, the god of Heroes had some unfinished business to attend to.

With the hunters and twin archers free, the monsters were focused on them, letting Perseus a moment of rest.

But that was until he spotted Mnemosyne.

She started to back away, trying to get away from his calm gaze, his eyes reflecting an eclipse with a crescent of gold with the rest of the eye being pitch black.

"I faded you before, I can do it again!" She screamed, but fear was evident in her voice.

"No, you can't. Not this time," was his cold reply.

Within seconds, he was upon her, swinging his weapon with clean precision, opening a wound at the Titaness' side. She gasped and summoned a spear as she dodged his next strike at her legs.

Their attacks were almost invisible, back and forth their strikes went, Mnemosyne getting slower and slower.

At this point, the other monsters were defeated and hunters and immortal alike were watching in awe of these two beings fighting. Zoë, supported by her mistress, could only watch in shock as a man fought off an extremely powerful Titan.

With a final slice, Perseus managed to sweep Mnemosyne off her feet, holding his warglaive under her throat as she gasped for air.

"Pl-please, mercy," she pleaded but there was no trace of sympathy in the god's face.

"You took me from my family, erased their memories of them and you expect mercy? I think not," Perseus snarled as he slammed his weapon into her stomach. Mnemosyne gave one final shriek of pain as she burst into golden dust.

Turning, he saw his crying siblings. A small smile crept onto his face as he held his arms out and said, "What, no hug?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

See? I told you we would update:P

So dedication to @FourTrisTheFortress because apparently, she just did the most challenging thing in her life *Cough cough not*

So check out our other accounts, I'm PixelUp and she's FairyTailFanForLife!

See ya later!