3 | Captured

"What do you want, witch?" spat Artemis, seemingly trying to kill the Titaness with a glare. It might have worked on a normal mortal or monster, paralyzing them for a few seconds; which is, when in battle, quite helpful.

But Mnemosyne was none of those, sadly; she just stared back coolly, her violet eyes unwavering. "I understand you have been looking for me," she replied undaunted.

"Yes, for about a thousand years." Apollo muttered.

Not surprisingly, both females ignored him.

"Well, this is your moment," continued the Titaness with a small glint in her eyes, "Hit me with your best shot!"

Mnemosyne suddenly frowned, "Oh dear, I just quoted Pat Benetar. No matter, the meaning was the same. All your efforts to throw me into Tartarus, and I'm the one to capture you? You are getting rusty, Artemis." She chided mockingly.

"My hunters will find me soon, and you won't stand a chance." Artemis blurted out, her emotions getting ahead of her. She noticed Apollo's expression and annoyed sigh even from afar for giving away their advantage.

"That's why I've already taken care of them, goddess."

At these words, Artemis' fear lifted twice fold. Her face paled, and she was struggling even harder than before, resulting to the metal digging deeper into her skin. It stung, but the goddess didn't seem to care. "Please don't hurt them," she pleaded, "They are not a part of this,"

"Actually, I would like to think that they are." smirked the Titaness. She waved her hand, and Artemis could see monsters of every variety surrounding them, coming out of the shadows, several carrying her hunters, bound with thick rope.

A giant brought one girl forward and threw her down in front of the goddess unceremoniously.

The figure groaned and the goddess held back a sob as she recognized the girl.

"Zoë?"

"Who did Apollo annoy this time?" came the response from the lieutenant, who was trying and failing to sit up. There were several cuts on her face, but other than that, she seemed fine. Both gods laughed at the irony of that statement. Apollo hadn't pissed off anyone new; rather, Mnemosyne had caused unadulterated hatred in the twin gods.

"You don't even know what's coming, do you?" mused Mnemosyne, causing everyone's attention to drift to her.

"There's a storm coming; one that you will not be able to miss," She hissed, her eyes flaring violet again. "But sadly, you will not be there to witness it." she continued, pulling a spear that materialized from thin air. Its golden shaft gleamed, and the pointed tip was made from a dark black material--Stygian Iron.

"The first blood in a new war!" the Titaness roared as she raised her spear, the tip hovering above Artemis.
Just as she was about to strike, with the monsters cheering and calling for blood, she paused as she sensed something wrong.

All of the monsters ceased their calls as they too felt the slight disturbance.

A shadow slowly started to pass over Mnemosyne's face.

Everyone's gaze followed the Titaness as she slowly looked up.

"That's impossible," she murmured in shock.

And it was impossible.

But as a smile lit up Artemis' face and a grin overcame Apollo's glare, because something that was thought to be impossible was suddenly not.

For shining deep in the sky causing a blood red hue to flare out among the clouds,

was an eclipse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey Peoples!!

So, I couldn't resist, big cliff hanger but I will update tomorrow!!

Dedicated to @enduring_endevors because I love all of her books and was my first friend ever on Wattpad. Go check out her stories!!

Go check out my other books on @PixelUp and join the Pixelution!

Also check out @Fairytailfanforlife, the other cowriter on this account,

See ya later!!!

-PixelUp