Birthday

I woke up to a bunch of racket down stairs. I walked downstairs and I see Tom and Benedict trying to make some sort of food. I giggled. They both looked at me.

"Happy Birthday!!"

Both Tom and Benedict said with excitement. I had totally forgotten that it was my birthday.

"Thank you!"

"Sit at the table darling breakfast will be done soon."

I sat at the table. They brought me breakfast. We all sat at the table.

"Wow this is amazing."

I said. No one has ever done anything this nice for me on my birthday. We dug into the plate of angel food cake with strawberries and whip cream in the center of it. It was one of the best breakfasts I have ever had. I started cleaning up the plates but Benedict stopped me.

"We got this."

Benedict said to me. I went upstairs to brush my teeth. I also took a shower while I was there. I put on a pair of black leggings and a blue plaid shirt once I got to my room. Plaid shirts are my favorite. I heard a knock at the door.

"Darling someone is hear for you."

I heard Tom say.

"Ok I'm coming."

I wondered who it was. I went down stairs and I saw a five foot six woman with brown hair standing in the living room.

"Lexi!!"

She gave me a tight hug.

"Uh excuse me but who are you?"

I tried not to sound rude asking.

"This is your mother."

Tom said to me. I let go of her hug and looked at her. I instantly became angry.

"Why are you here?!"

"How did you just leave me in that orphanage?!"

Tears started to run down my face as I asked the questions angrily.

"I-I-"

She started to say but I was to angry and I stormed off to my room. I slammed the door shut and locked it. After a few minutes I heard a knock at my door.

"Can I come in?"

It wasn't Tom and it wasn't Ben. It was my mother.

"NO! GO AWAY! JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

I yelled to her.

"Honey-"

She tried to say but I interrupted her.

"DONT TALK TO ME!"

I wasn't in a good mood anymore I was in a horrible mood. I heard her go down stairs. Tom looked at her.

"I'm so so sorry she normally doesn't act like this."

He said to her. She didn't say anything back.

"I can try and talk to her."

I heard foot steps come towards my room and then another knock.

"Darling it's Tom can you please open the door this is important."

"No I don't want to talk to anyone at the moment I just want to be alone..."

I heard nothing it was complete silence upstairs other than my crying.

"Tom?"

I said quietly.