Oh No.

Friday, August 30th.

Paige's finally back in school. Actually, she came back on Wednesday. I'll give you a little flash back.

I didn't go to school on Tuesday, I was in to much pain. Paige had texted me a few times but I didn't bother to text her back.

Anyways, I woke up a little early this morning; my ribs still aching. I took a hot shower, which relaxed me a bit. I slowly dressed, trying not to stretch anything.

I put on a purple sweater over a black dance shirt, white jeans, and black converse. I left my hair flow down over my face. I didn't apply any makeup to my cuts or bruises, Paige is going to find out sooner or later.

I brushed my teeth and grabbed my backpack, skipping breakfast. I walked outside and sucked in the cold air, which made my bones feel weak.

I glance down towards the end of my street. A tall blonde stood there by the stop sign. I took a breath as I walked towards her. I payed attention to my footsteps, noticing each step slowed down. Finally, I stood in front of Paige.

"Hey, Chlo." She said in a cheery tone.

"Hey." I looked at the ground.

"Everything alright?"

"Fine. What about you? Feeling okay?"

"I'm fine. Are you sure everything's alright? Chlo, you can tell me everything."

"I'm fine." I kept my eyes glued to the sidewalk.

"Then look at me!" She yelled.

My eyes quickly met hers.

"Chloe, what happened?" She asked in a hush tone.

"Jacie, Taylor, and Maddie." I mumbled.

"Oh my gosh. What did they do?" She paced back and forth.

"Um, I-I'd rather not go through the details." I popped my pinkie into my mouth and chewed on the nail.

"You need to tell me."

"Okay. Um, J-Jacie set me up and Travis kissed me." I took in a few shaky breaths. "S-So, they jumped me and then t-they um...." I tried to think of a way to not make it sound silly. Nothing worked so I just blurted it. "They tried t-to drown me in a toilet?"

"What? Are you kidding me?"

"No."

"Oh, they're going to die today. They are going to be dead." She muttered.

"Paige, you're sick. Plus, it's over with, I'm fine."

"Who cares if I'm sick? They aren't going to do that to my best friend!"

"Paige, just stop!"

"Stop what, Chloe!? Stop sticking up for my best friend? I try so hard to keep those girls away from you. I try my best so they don't make your life a living hell! I'm trying to protect you!" She shouted.

"I don't need your protection!" I shouted back.

"Obviously you do! I was gone for three days and look what happened to you!"

"Whatever."

"Chloe, I'm just trying to help." She mumbled.

"Well, I don't need your help!" I shouted.

"You know what? Fine, you seem to be better off without me. Whatever, I'll leave you alone. Best of luck to you. I hope find a way to get through this on your own. Goodbye, Chloe."

I lost my only friend.

Votes and comments

💙Cailee