Prologue

Prologue

Death--it's the most natural thing. The thing every living creature fears. It's an unknown event that can come around the corner when we least expect it. Why is it so terrifying? We don't know for sure. Maybe it's because there's a countless amount of possibilities of how we could die. The list can go on and on, leaving us wondering how our lives will come to a permanent close.

When you live in a world filled with darkness, decay, and eternal struggles, that's all you'll ever know--the cold, relentless feel of death's grip. In a world like this you realise two things: you can never feel safe anywhere or with anyone and ammunition always seems to run short.

Struggle. That's another death, but a slower and tougher path. That's all people have been dealing with since the beginning of this whole shit story. Survival has become more difficult--it's driven people to madness. How could you even try to stay alive? Why would you? I guess for the people we love. Maybe for another reason. We all have a different aspect on life and how to live.

The creatures of this new world seem to know little about it. Their only knowledge is that of how good living flesh feels underneath their finger nails as they claw through your stomach to reach the prize they wish to claim. They have no minds. They do not think. Only feed and change. Into what? That's an unknown fact saved for extinct geniuses.

And if there's a certain cure that can extinguish this whole fiery mess, then it has yet to be found. No one knows for sure how it started and when it will end, but some people tend to find out.

This voice can go on and on to tell you of how big of a fuck up this world has become. This voice can travel through time with you to the very first outbreak that took the nation by storm. This voice is someone that has been there for it all, that has seen too much to comprehend and has struggled, survived, and loved to fight through everything that's been thrown to them.

This voice is Aria.