Chapter 14: Together Again

Aria's POV

"Don't mind the fall." One of the men holding me said, throwing me into the dark white room. As my back hit the floor, I felt every nerve burn and my body tremble from the indescribable pain. I wanted nothing more than to pull my hair out from the stinging feeling that erupted in my back, the gashes carved into my flesh being the worst pain I have felt.

Once the door closed with a loud clank, I felt Thalia near my hurt body. "Aria?" Her voice was small as she turned me on my side, gasping at the sight of my lashed back.

Seeing Harry was a joy beyond words. I thought I wasn't going to see anyone else ever, but seeing his curls and those changing green eyes made me feel better. That one man though with the dark hair and the tattoo sleeve made my skin crawl. He was dirty and definitely not level-headed; two very bad qualities.

His fingers on my skin and his nose against my neck made me want feel sick to my stomach. Obviously, I wasn't going to let him see me shake under his touch and give in; I had to stand up for myself. But that earned me over 15 lashes on my back.

"Don't touch it." I gasped as I could feel my sister-in-law's shaky fingers against the gashes.

"Sorry!" She moved back. I could tell she wanted to cry just by the sound of her voice. "Here." I heard shifting behind me and soon pressure on my back from some type of cloth, making me cry out and actually let a few tears release as my hands clawed the cement ground.

"Stop!" I tried to move away, but she applied more pressure.

"No, I have to stop the bleeding. There's so much." Thalia kept applying pressure to my back and I finally let the sobs and tears leave me. I couldn't be strong forever. Every now and then I had to collapse and let it all go or else I wouldn't be human anymore.

"It hurts." My eyes shut closed hard. I bit down on my trembling bottom lip as Thalia applied more pressure. After taking care of her, she was finally doing the same for me and I was so grateful.

"I know, I know." She cooed to me, sniffling as she tried to stop my back from bleeding anymore. One of her hands rubbed my arm in a motherly way and I felt myself slowly calming down. The sting was still there but it wasn't as bad.

"I saw Harry." I said once my sobs faded away, leaving my face dry from tears and my eyes staring off into nothingness.

"Really? What do you mean?" Thalia asked, moving away whatever she used to stop the blood from leaving my body.

"They brought me to their leader's room and he was there, sitting in a chair and tied up. I need him to keep me sane, Thalia. I don't know why but he makes me feel better. Better than anyone could during this hell." I whispered. Harry, Hunter or not, kept me from losing my mind even more. I thought I only needed my brother or Thalia, but after meeting Harry, I realised I needed him more than my own family. He was like the drug I have become addicted to and need at all times.

"That's how I felt about your brother," Thalia said. I moved so I was on my side facing her. "When he saved me from almost being hit by a car on the street, I immediately knew I had to have him. I could barely speak English, but he took his time with me and taught me. I fell in love with him after only a week." She giggled, living in a memory that made her whole life change.

"He said he fell for you the day he met you." I smiled a bit, trying to ignore the pain in my heart and back. Tom always brought back the day he fell for Thalia and I always loved listening to him go on and on about it.

Thalia giggled a little and rubbed her swollen stomach, her own short gown covered by a coat someone had provided her.

It's only been fifteen minutes before the door to our room opened and we both tensed as we watched one of the men that brought me to his leader's room approach.