Awake

The faint beeping of the heart monitor grew less faint and more close, eventually stirring the carnation pink anthropomorphic hedgehog out of her slumber. Heavy eyelids started to open, resulting in the heart monitor making a unsymmetrical noise since she didn't know where she was.

       Didn't she just open her eyes? She wiped them meekly. . .but everything was so misty.

       "Hello?" she calls out faintly. It felt as if her voice wasn't used in weeks.

       Or six months.

       The door located to the left of the room creaked on its hinges when it was open, she turns in that direction. "Ms. Rose! You're awake! Thank goodness!" the person sounded shock beyond belief. Her eyebrows furrow tiredly in confusion.

       She recognized that voice. . . Dr. Quack! So she was in a hospital but why? "Dr. Quack. . .why am I here? And why can't I see?" There a slight hitch in his breathing as if he were debating whether or not to answer the question that made Amy's heart monitor hike up a notch.

       "Ms. Rose. . ." She quickly took notice of the hesitation. He then spoke softly, not wanting her to lose sanity.

       She waits patiently.

       "You've been in a coma for half a year and. . .you also lost the ability to see."

       The heart monitor went off the charts. The doctor quickly rushed to quickly get a needle and inject it into her arm once he got a grip of her. 'Perhaps it would be best to call her friends' he decided.