Spread The Word

You've been a coma for half a year.

       You are legally blind.

       The doctor's words still rang in her head. She found it unbelievable. . .to lose something so important. How could she do stuff now? How could she battle?

       'How can I get Sonic now?'

       Her thoughts were disturbed when a nurse came in. "Miss Rose? You have a visitor" her voice was soft, she felt bad for the girl. Amy could hear the scuffling of shoes across the floor, ears pinning in the direction. Squinting she saw a black blur.

       "Shadow?" Her guess was confirmed when she heard him grunt lowly. She didn't smile. She wanted to but she didn't. "Hey. . ." Her hands reached out slowly hoping to touch his cheek. She didn't know she missed by a few inches.

       She didn't see the look of slight shock on his face.

       Silently he grabbed her hand with his. "How're you feeling?" he was taking notice of her appearance. Longer hair, slightly skinny, glassy green eyes. . .

       "I feel terrible Shadow" she states "I j-just- I can't see, Dr. Quack said it's a miracle I can still retain some light. How am I gonna do anything?" Creases built up on her face out of fatigue. "It's still such a shock. . .it's like someone put on the blur lens and now their stuck." Her hand rubs against his gloved knuckles. He listened to her words carefully, staring at the wall nearby.

       After a moment of silence he spoke "You remember your last fight with Eggman?" She nods.

        "You fell after one of the bases blew up, hit your head on the pole. I suppose the retina that translates the images into nerve impulses that are transmitted to the brain through the optic nerve became damaged in the process." He looked at her. She seemed to understand enough. 

       "I'll pick you up later, I have business to attend to." He stood.

       "Rose."

       "Mn?" She looks up towards his voice. She felt his hand in her quills gently rubbing them. The feeling felt nice. Safe even. It didn't last long and soon Shadow left. Touching her hands she sighs heavily.

        Her mind went on to Sonic. Despite her situation she hoped he was ok.

                       🌹🌹🌹

        The blue blur everyone- well mostly everyone adored- was walking down the road towards Station Square. Unaware that his friend had woke up a few days ago his mind was on a chili dog. Of course that was quickly off the charts when a sudden ache filled his head.

       "Faker." Shadow. Of course he would hit him in the head.

       'Gee Shadow nice ta see ya too.' He grumbles while turning around. He shakes his head as if to ask 'What's up?' He took in his dark counterpart's appearance. He seemed normal. . .but something was off.

       "Rose woke up." His ears poked up in sheer shock. 'What?! Is she ok? Can I see her? Oh god-' Sonic's face scrunched up in grief and happiness. 'I didn't think she would- I mean. It was really long.' Of course Sonic didn't say all of this. He was a mute, by choice. He trails off, running a hand through his messy quills. Finally he peered up at Shadow and realized something.

       When Shadow talks he always look at the person he is speaking to.

       The cerulean hedgehog's ears pin back in doubt. He looked up as if to say 'But. . .?' Another moment of silence.

        "Her perception towards the word is damaged. Apparently in battle the hit to the was most problematic then we'd hoped it to be."

       Shadow looked at Sonic noting his struggle in deciphering his complex vocabulary. He almost sneered. Almost.

       "In other words Faker-"

       "She's legally blind."

. . .

        . . .
. . .

        Everything had shut off for him. Everything slowed down. For once he didn't want to run. He wanted to sit.

       Amy's blind.

Amy's blind.

Amy's blind.

         Amy's blind. Amy's blind. Amy's blind. Amy's blind. Amy's blind.

       The traffic was muted. Shadow was muted. All was muted save for his thoughts.

       Amy Rose is legally blind.