Chapter 19: Titanium Forest

(Caius)

We awoke to the sound of a horn blowing, no doubt from one of the towers alongside the wall. When my head perked up to look out the window, I saw that it was morning. I shook myself awake, which caused Ayah to stir. As I climbed out of the bed, I saw the others beginning to rise up.

"Morning everyone." Kathrin yawned out. I put the palm of my hand to my head, trying to recover from standing up so quickly.

"What all did I miss last night?" I asked.

"Nothing much really." Kathrin admitted. "But once you left, Reshiram started chewing out Zekrom."

"I wish I could've been there to see it." I chuckled.

"Oh, we didn't get to see it, she took him outside the doors, so we couldn't see or hear a thing." Sarah said.

"But I'm only guessing that the horn that was just blown is either a warning or the actual horn for the army has arrived." Carinthia said drowsily.

"Then we shouldn't keep them waiting." Lilith replied. "Let's hurry up and get ready."

"I sure hope everything is going to turn out okay." I said.

"Just think positive, that always works for me." Sarah said.

"Yeah, but then you'll read my thoughts." I countered.

"Hey, I never said I'd play fair." Sarah smirked.

"Daddy?" Ayah said droopily. I knew where this was going to go right as I heard her voice. I wasn't really in the mood for trying to put it calmly, but I did it to where it didn't sound like I was chastising her.

"Ayah, I'm going to be gone for a while. I don't know when I'll come back." I said rubbing Ayah's head lightly.

"You're not leaving me again are you?" Ayah asked standing up. I shook my head.

"No, I made a promise and I'm not going to break it." I replied. "But I want you to listen to me Ayah." Ayah shook her head, waking herself up.

"What is it?" Ayah asked.

"I need you to please, stay here, no matter what happens, do not leave this inn." I said calmly. "I don't want to risk you getting hurt." I think she was still out of it slightly, because she was having a hard time standing up. Thank Arceus for that, I did not want to try and force her at this time.

"Alright Daddy." Ayah said. "But I want you to come back right after you're done."

"I will." I said calmly. "For now, just lay back down and go to sleep."

"Alright Dad, goodnight." Ayah said plopping back down on the bed.

"Hey Caius, you ready?" Carinthia asked. I turned around and grabbed my scythe.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I replied. "But let me tell the innkeeper to make sure that Ayah gets fed while we're gone."

"Alright, we can do that." Carinthia said nodding her head.

"Is everyone good to go?" Lilith asked. "Today's the big day."

"I guess it's now or never." Kathrin replied. As we walked down the stairs, we saw that the innkeeper was preparing to close the inn. Probably because of the attack. When I asked him to take care of Ayah, he said the only way to really do so was to take her with him to the shelter provided at the capitol. I told him he could do so, but that immediately afterwards, he should return her to me. I took this day in with surprising calmness. Even though I knew that this was going to be a long and horrible day, something assured me, that everything would work out. I saw the Klefki go up the stairs as we walked outside. As we walked out, I remembered the Z-ring in my cloak and put it on. Just in case we needed another Supersonic Skystrike, but I also ran into an old friend of mine back in Ai.