Part 3

Sorry for the long wait! Here's the next part :) 

==========  

99 Problems: Part 3

Task #5: make decorations for the bakery (Monday)

Tomoko walked through the sparsely packed hall with students during break the following week on Monday; her gaze looking over the stack of homework notebooks in her arms that she had to take to the staff room for her literature teacher. Just as she was thinking about not trying to bump into anyone, she nearly ran into Takao Kazunari from class 1-A when he rushed out of his class.

"Takao-kun!" she greeted. A scheming smile crept on Takao's face upon seeing her and he showed her a green notebook.

"Ah, Tomo-chan! Are you going to the staff room? Can you bring this over for me?"

"Sure!" she replied and he set the notebook on top of her stack. "Do you need me to put this in a specific place?"

Takao looked behind him for a moment like he was checking for something before turning back to her with a quick nod. "Just put it somewhere high up where Shin—uh, people don't typically look! I'm entrusting you with this!"

"Eh?" Tomoko questioned his odd request but didn't get a reply because he quickly ushered her away. I wonder what he's so giddy about... she thought obliviously when she was far down the hall, just missing an angry Midorima coming out of the classroom with an intent to kill.

"TAKAO!"

"Oh hi, Shin-chan! F-Fancy seeing you here!"

"Do not pay dumb with me! You have my lucky item... Return it before I write you up for misconduct."

"Ehehehe, about that..."

When Tomoko finally reached the staff room, she called in greeting to the teachers who may be inside when she realized that the room was empty. Shrugging, she walked over to her literature teacher's desk to drop off the pile of homework. Once the job was done, she did a quick arm stretch before her attention drew to the notebook Takao gave her.

"Oh yeah!" she picked it up and examined it. The notebook was new; no marks on the inside and no name on the cover. It came to her that Takao actually wanted her to hide it, but she didn't know why. Knowing the fun-seeking male though, she quickly concluded he was most likely pranking a classmate.

Pulling up a random swivel chair to stand on by a bookshelf, she set the green notebook on top of the dusty surface before pausing with thought. She debated with herself whether she should actually go through with Takao's request since it seemed kind of mean if someone needed to use that notebook later. Who is he pranking anyway?

Takao Kazunari had many friends, being a such a cheerful person like herself, but she often saw him hang around one person...

She widened her eyes and stared at the notebook. Could this be his lucky item?

Just as that thought dawned to her, someone burst into the staff room. She looked over and paled when she saw a fuming Midorima stalking towards her. She realized that he had noticed the green peeking out from on top of the bookshelf and she quickly grabbed it and tried to come down from the chair. "Mi—!" she yelped when the quick motion caused the wheels on the chair to slide.

"O-Okuma!"

Midorima reflexively reached over when she swung forward and managed to catch her, but then the chair also came crashing over and knocked them both down. The green notebook and a pile of papers from a nearby desk scattered widely around them as they landed on the floor.