A summer with Hayes

It was the beginning of june, and I could not wait for summer to start. I knew it would be a great summer. But I was nervous because I'd be moving to North Carolina. I knew I'd miss everyone here in Chicago, but I didn't care because I knew I'd meet more people in North Carolina during summer. My mom was planning to move to Moorseville, North Carolina. She got offered a job there, and she thought it would be a good idea to move. It would just be me and my mom. My mom and dad got divorced when I was 5. They are both doing good though I guess. My dad married another woman, and had more kids. And My mom, well.. She's still by herself living with me.

I already had all of my things packed up. I had only one day left in Chicago, so I decided to hangout with all of my friends for my last day here.

We all went to the mall, and went out to eat afterwards. To be honest, I wasn't as sad as I thought I'd be. I was sad of the fact that I was leaving them here, but I was happy for what would come next.

*next day*

I woke up at about 5 in the morning. I couldn't sleep. And our flight was leaving at about 7.

I took a shower, changed into some nike sweatpants and a sweatshirt, blow dried my hair, and put it in a bun. I didn't even bother to put on makeup. I barely never put on makeup.

My mom and I put all of our luggage in the car, and headed off to the airport.

*6 hours later*

We were finally in North Carolina. I was so excited. The house our mom got us was honestly super nice.

It had 3 floors, including the basement. We had a hot tub, and a underground pool. And my room was perfect. It was the perfect size, and my mom had already decorated it. I love her.

As I was done walking around the house, I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. Or town.

"Hey mom, I'm going for a walk. I'll be back later."

"Yeah, don't be back too late. Keep your phone on. If you need anything call me!"

I walked out of my house and just stood there. I had no idea where I was going honestly.

I just decided to walk towards downtown Moorseville.

I noticed there was like this carnival or somethin going on, but I had no idea what it was. The people here seemed very nice. As I walked around, I saw a group of kids that looked about my age. (I'm 13. Turning 14) they didn't notice me, but they seemed like the type of kids that you would call "cool". They all did seem nice too. They were all just talking and laughing. I hope they go to the same school I'm going to this year. Which I don't even know what school it is haha.

I was hungry, so I decided to go to the pizza place. It smelled good, and a lot of people were there.

I ordered a small pizza and sat a table all by myself. I felt so alone honestly, it was kinda funny. As I was eating I was checking through my Instagram, and texting my friends back in Chicago.

All of a sudden, I heard the door open. It was the group of kids I saw before I got here. They all sat at the large table 3 tables away from me. I could here their conversation, and they were talking about summer.

I noticed a blonde girl look at me. She had blue eyes, and braces. She seemed like a bitch honestly, but I just smiled at her. She was sitting next to a boy with brown hair, and blue eyes as well. He was actually kinda cute I can't lie. They both looked my age. He didn't look at me, or notice me, but I could tell she did. She wouldn't stop starring.

When I was done eating my pizza, I walked outside. I decided to go to the carnival everyone heading to. But first, I wanted to text my mom. :

"Hey mom, I think I'm going to get home a little late today. I'm going to the carnival. I promise I'll try to make it there as fast as I can ily :)"

"Ok don't get here too late!! And what does that mean? Lol"

I decided not to reply and just turned off my phone and slid it into my pocket.