dec. 28, 11:20 pm

Bob's Burgers

This is very different from the other entries but it needs to be written. Thanks for putting up w me.

Here it goes, all of it is being laid on the table.

Over and over we tried; we tried to fix and patch and work and love. It was broken from the start like the both of us and that might have been obvious but not to us.

You were my rock, my world and my best friend. Last time, things went south slowly.

We were rocky consistently, but always worked to keep it alive. I wanted it to end like the fairy tales, simplicity and happiness. That's really too much to ask for though, isn't it? And yet, we both still wanted that. I wanted you to be in my life but you wanted me to be your life. In all honesty that was too much for me. So I ended it.

Fast forward two months and we tried again. It was like the honeymoon phase all over again and alas I had my best friend in my life again. I felt on top of the world, like everything was right again. It was beautiful and simple and wonderful.

Then it happened. I fell out of love. I don't know why, and I don't know how to explain it. I'm sorry. I really wish I could explain it. I wish I was able to make you believe that you have done nothing wrong; this isn't your fault.

I do love you, no matter how much you won't believe me. I love you as a friend. Someone that has seen me at my lowest. Someone that always encouraged me when I was down or struggling. You cheered me on through my triumphs and were the most influential person in my life. I loved you. I still love you.

Right now, though, I want, need, to do what is best for me and what I believe will be best for the both of us in the long run. You and I need to grow, we need to heal, we need to live. I want to bloom like the flowers in my garden. I want to improve my mental health and stop surviving. Surviving is what I've done for years now, I want to live instead of just making it through the day.

I want you in my life, but I know that right now it is far too difficult for you. I understand and respect that. But please, please come to me when you're able to be in my life as a friend. I want and need it. But on your terms.

Again, you have done nothing. I love you and I'm sorry.