Chapter 1

Dans POV
I walk in to school on the first day of the year. Over the holidays i've changed quite drastically, you could say I've become more in touch with myself. I decided that I am going to wear whatever I want to and not worry about what people think of me. I started to straighten my hobbit hair that I hate so much, wear more pastel clothing and wear the occasional flower crown.

I've always wanted to dress like this but I was so afraid of what people would think of me. My friends have seen my new attire and they are fully accepting, but it isn't them I'm worried about. It's actually one person in particular that I am worried about, Phil Lester. He is the school bully. He has snake bites and a nose piercing, he never wears any colour except black and he has his hair dyed black and styled in a long side swept fringe that covers half of his face. I'm not gonna lie, he is one of the more attractive people at my school. I don't mean that in a gay way, I'm straight... I think.

Anyway, he doesn't pick on people that don't give him a good enough reason to though. I'm just worried that my more feminine attire will be a good enough reason. He has never picked on me before, we haven't even talked. I doubt he even knows I exist. Although being noticed by Phil Lester wouldn't necessarily be a terrible thing

"Dan!" I'm snapped out of my thoughts by a familiar voice and the sound of footsteps running towards me.

I turn around to see one of my bestfriends, PJ, running towards me.

"I love the outfit!" He says as he reaches me. I'm wearing an oversized pastel purple jumper with some white ripped jeans and white converses that aren't so white anymore as I've been wearing them all holidays. I decided against wearing a flower crown to school because I thought it might be a bit too much for some people. Namely Phil Lester.

I smile in gratitude and begin to walk with PJ to our usual spot, a table under some trees on beside the school oval. When we got there our other friends, Alfie, Zoe, Louise, Chris and Joe (in this fic Joe and Zoe aren't siblings) were already sitting there chatting.

"Hey guys" PJ and I said in unison as we sat down at the end of the table. We quickly joined in on a conversation about some new YouTuber Louise and Zoe had discovered.

Shortly after we began talking the bell rang for class to start. The first lesson I had was English with none other than Phil Lester. That made me extremely nervous. Another thing that made me even more nervous was that I didn't have any friends in my English class. Which means that I will have to either make new friends or sit in the back of the class alone, probably the latter.

When I reach the class, everyone is already there. I look around the class for a free seat. I sigh as I realise there is only one seat left and sure enough it was at the back of the class right next to Phil. I reluctantly make my way to the back of the class room.

As the class went on, I couldn't help but feel like someone was staring at me. I just shrugged it off and tuned back into the teacher who was talking about all the group projects we are going to be doing this year. Great, the class that I have no friends in is the class where we're doing mostly group projects. Just my luck I guess.

The rest of the day went on as normal, nothing unfamiliar. Although, at lunch and recess i still couldn't shake the feeling of someone looking, watching me.

Sorry if that was really bad.

I don't have a specific updating schedule but I'm hoping to update regularly considering I am on school holidays so I have nothing better to do

Thanks a bunch for reading 😁