Chapter 1: Blank Space (old unedited chapter sample)

Jalina is a girl who loves Starbucks.
Everyday Jalina goes to Starbucks. She always has a new planner every year. She even gets free drinks from the cafe. She saw the same baristas every day. "Hi, I'm Tristan what is your order?" Is what he usually says. "One Vanilla Cream please." Is what she answers. "One vanilla cream coming up what is your name?" He said he smiled at her. "Hermione Granger." He handed her the receipt. "No your real name." She wrote it down on the receipt. "I'm Jalina Vella."She said. "Can we hang out?" Tristan said he gave her his number. "I really want to get to know you."He said. "Maybe next time."She thought she should not have agreed to hang out with him. She went to the counter where they gave drinks. "Miss Hermione Granger." Jalina got her drink and went to a seat she starts writing a story in her Laptop.
What will happen to Jalina? She went home after she finished a chapter in her story. What can happen to her when she comes back?

 What can happen to her when she comes back?

The barista looked at her she was mad

The barista looked at her she was mad. The girl went in front of Jalina's table and she brought water and pour it on top of Jalina. "You bitch trying to steal my husband's heart." She said. Tristan went in front of both of them. "I thought you are single!" Jalina said and slapped Tristan. "I'm single she is just claiming to be my wife." The girl brought out her cell phone. "Then explain this!" She said showing them a family picture. Tristan carrying his baby while she was kissing his cheek and taking a photo. "She edited it look it does not look like me!" Tristan said. "What's the matter?"Said David the store manager. "You two must go back to the counter there is a long line waiting to get their orders."Tristan grabs her arm. "I know its photoshop look at the baby's head its fake! Hailey, please stop your obsession okay? I like Jalina after all." Hailey was mad she never thought the boy she likes would do that to her. "Fine, I photoshopped it okay? I'm jealous of her she always comes here and you notice her more than your co-worker."
Jalina laughed she thought Hailey was a childish girl. "Your right Tristan hahaha."
Hailey left and went to the counter. "A good explanation. Haha." Hailey left and went to the counter she continued to make drinks. Hailey felt embarrassed about what happened. Tristan was happy he got to dump Hailey. Jalina continued to write her story. The title is She got the devil's heart. She then sips her matcha latte. "Are you busy sister?" Jade asked she was Jalina's step-sister. She knows her sister hated her love for Starbucks. "Where is Peter?"Peter is their cousin who lives with them in a mansion. "As usual playing basketball wearing high heels. And his friends said he is a hottie on heels." Jalina laughed at what Jalina said. "Peter is not like that he plays basketball with his basketball shoes," Jalina said Jade was thinking Jalina know nothing of Peter. "He got a video on facebook playing basketball with heels. He even enjoyed playing it while wearing heels even though he falls down a lot!" Jade took a seat beside Jalina. "Oh nice story you got there." She said as she read parts of her chapters on the laptop 💻. "Yeah, its about a girl who wants to revenge for her best friend. The bad boy was also a playboy so she wants to get his heart and tear it apart." Jalina told her sister her plans for it to be published. "I like it to tell dad the story then," Jade said she knows their dad owns two biggest publishing companies in the world. "Not yet I'm not finished." The iPhone rang and she saw that it was her ex-boyfriend. "Answer that for me, Jade," Jalina remembered how he broke her heart. "No end the call I don't want to hear that jerk's voice." She ended the call her ex caused her to get addicted to Starbucks. Because it reminds her of their happiest moments in the cafe. "Why did that jerk called you?" She said Jalina gets her phone to see a message.

"You must go to your condo your mom is lying on the floor reaching for her meds again." Jade stands up and ran out of the cafe. "Hello, my name is Daniella." A young woman with blonde hair and a pregnant belly said. "I used to work here are you alright? You seem to almost cry."
Jalina frowned she hates to remember the fact that she and Gale aren't together anymore.
"I'm okay I just need to go to the restroom."
She went to the comfort room locked the door and started to wash her face. When she unlocked the door. She wasn't able to go out of the door was broken. "Help! The door is broken." Tristan noticed Jalina was in the restroom for a long time. He checked the restroom and noticed there was a problem with the door. "I'll help you just wait." Jalina started to calm her self down. When finally an old repairman came. He finally fixed the door and when it finally opened. "Someone had broken the door so you won't get out." The repairman said observing the door. "I need to go home." She said she packed her things and went out of Starbucks. She did not care id Hailey wether. She drives her car to her home 🏠. "Hi, dad how is Rowena?" Her dad was sitting on the couch he was watching tv while eating his lunch. "Your stepmom is in critical condition. I got a letter from your mother. She said she wants to meet you. Your stepsister is upstairs. Thanks to your ex your mother is at the hospital already. Why did you two break up? You both look perfect together." Her dad said Jalina sat on the other couch. "Dad, he was the one who broke up with me. I don't wanna meet my mom since she left us. She should be okay without us after all those years. She didn't even come to my school play." Her Dad gave her some money. "This is for what? I don't need this Dad." Her Dad was about to tell her something until Peter went into the house. "Hi, Jalina." Peter is her real brother though he never likes their mother. She didn't attend his graduation even Jalina's so he despises her. "Mother sent a letter," Jalina said she was still holding the money her Dad gave her. "Like I care. She had to stop sending us letters she has a different family after all."
He went in removing his heels. "I gave you some money since I heard your writing something. Just some encouragement for you to finish it. I'm sure you will be able to publish your book. Good luck Jalina."Jalina went upstairs to her room. She heard her phone's ringtone that there is a message.
She checked the message and it was from her best friend Tina.
"Hey, are you available this Saturday?"Tina asked hoping Jalina would answer yes. "Yeah, but why?" Tina was surprised Jalina didn't know. "It's Chloe's 18th birthday she had a debut set up in Los Angeles Hotel. You better be ready since it's Harry Potter themed." Tina said excitedly with a smile. "Oh, I have no clothes to wear or gift to give yet," Tina told her she too didn't have those. "Let's go to Orlando where we can buy at Hogwarts park in Diagon alley. And enjoy some butterbeer." Tina said she is excited to go there. She also loves Harry Potter-like Chloe Styles. Only Jalina did not like the story. She wished that she could know what will happen next. She also cannot believe that the houses separated people from diversity. So she just hangs out with them. Jalina smiled even though she didn't like the story. It doesn't mean she hates it she loves going to Hogwarts at Orlando with her friends. They live in California so it would take a long trip. "Sure, Tina Goldsmith." She said then said Goodbye.
Peter knocked on the door. "Hey wanna come to Orlando? We are going to attend Chloe's debut." Peter smiled he liked Chloe since they were 2nd-year highschool. "Am I invited?" He asked. "I'll ask Chloe if you are. The problem is after what you did I don't think she would like you to come." Jalina sat on her bed thinking that her brother might not be invited after he ruined Chloe's 17th birthday. Her brother had his friends to play music as a band. It was a horrible incident the lights go wrong and a fire started. Peter was singing like a hound waiting for his owner. While his bandmates played terrible noisy music. She called Chloe and when her phone starts to ring. Peter looked at her hoping Chloe could give a chance to make up to her. "Hello, Chloe are you also inviting Peter to the Party?" Jalina asked eagerly for her yes as an answer.
"I got a burn mark on my arm because of him. He pushed me away from falling debris and my arm went near the fire. He saves my life so even though he had a terrible singing control. I will give him a second chance I think it was really an accident since the restaurant always has the fire." Jalina smiled she hugged her brother with her left arm. "Okay, thanks to Chloe your the best." Chloe grabs a sticky note and wrote prank revenge for Peter. "Yeah you are my best friend and you are welcome. See you on Saturday I will go to Orlando on Friday going to have a family bonding. Anyways bye bestie." Chloe said and Jalina bid Goodbye to her. "Peter Vella you are invited but I think you are not safe with her," Jalina told him Peter asked her. "Why is it because she got a burn on her arm because of me?"