Chapter 8: Story of us

(Narrator's Point of view)
Gale left he then thought that Jalina is interested in Tristan or Kai. He knows that Kai has some issues with his past girlfriend. While to him, Tristan is quite mysterious. Tristan never told a story about himself. He thinks that Tristan is poor. He cannot provide things for Jalina. Tristan looks at Jalina as Kai hugged her. Jalina stayed in the same position. She never moved an inch. Gale continued to look at his phone. His pictures with Jalina where all being selected for deleting. But he canceled it. He stared at his prom picture with Jalina on it. Yes, he still loves her. But he wonders if she still loves her. His eyes became sad. He remembers that Jalina's mom decided that he must marry Jalina. No matter what he wanted to do to be with her. Fate seems to make them reconnect with each other. He must have been worried Jalina was going to marry someone like him. Someone who broke her heart.

"Kai? Are you alright?" Kai was in the elevator. He kept quiet. He knew that Veronica might appear somewhere. Or will she? Will she continue to love him and remove her jealousy that caused them to break up.
"Maybe this day my life would change because of her," Kai told himself he decided to find his ex-girlfriend. He texted his friend Chloe. "Yes, What is it this time Kai?" Chloe is the sister of Tristan. He knew that Chloe has many connections with girls her age. Maybe she has contact with his ex-girlfriend. "Hey Chloe, I am going to ask if you still have contact with Veronica?" Chloe saw Tristan borrowing her computer. All her contacts were listed in a file or notice document inside her Computer. "Hey Kai? Veronica...She got into an accident earlier. She was looking for you around this town. You weren't there. But her contacts are on my computer. I removed all my contacts on my phone but its all synced at my computer." She said worried Kai might notice that Veronica was actually missing after a car accident. Some police suspect that someone kidnapped her. She still wonders who did it! Chloe felt her tears stream down her face. Is Kai still in love with Veronica Hudson? Maybe he never felt even a single feeling from Chloe. She has a big crush on Kai since they were young. She kept it a secret and was embarrassed by the fact: She is in love with a guy who has a little baby. She knows that since Veronica told her that her baby's father was Kai. Nothing can stop Veronica to look for her baby's father.

(Kai's Point of view)

I was waiting for Chloe while checking my phone several times. I am worried sick about my situation. I might be the father of her baby. What should I do? I waited for an hour and the message pop up on the screen of my phone.

Veronica Hudson

Contact number 8463027

29TH FLOOR

ROOM NUMBER: 2947

At last! It appeared. The problem with me is...I am not in love with Veronica anymore. I feel bad since the day she left me. She was kissing a guy in front of me. But she told me that the guy was forcing her to do it. I cannot understand why that happened. I thought Veronica was kind, patient, faithful, creative and thoughtful. I forgave her that night. I wish she wouldn't hurt our baby as she did to me. I walked out of the elevator on the 29th floor. I took some steps to see the room number she might be in. I checked her address and saw the numbers: 2947. I went around the building. I felt like a lost kid. Now I checked the room numbers again. I am now in Room 2945. Maybe I am getting closer. I looked at the 3rd door. It now says it is 2947. I rang the doorbell. "Hello?"

(Veronica's Point of view)

I opened my eyes wondering what Dylan did to me. I was worried that my son would get hurt. The truth is I have my virginity to Kai only. Nothing happened between me and this idiot in front of me. "WHERE IS MY BABY?" I shouted at Dylan. He was smirking like the devil. I was tied up on this chair I'm sitting on. "Your baby is safe with me. I believe I am a real father." I got mad at Dylan. He is suffocating me like hell. I hated him. How dare you, Dylan Wandler! He is the reason why Kai broke up with me. He hurt my feelings, keeps on forcing me to kiss him. He was the total opposite of Kai. Dylan harassed me and I am emotionally bullied. I kept on crying each year after my break up with Kai. I feel betrayed because Chloe my close friend; has a crush on Kai. And now, my heart is beating so fast. I feel my anger grow deeper until I heard a doorbell.

I saw Dylan dragged a guy wearing a white shirt and ripped jeans. I recognised him at once "KAI!" I shouted as I saw Dylan and Kai fought each other. Kai seemed to notice that I was tied up. I watched Dylan punch Kai so hard. It hurts me to see how much pain I caused him. I love Kai but he kept on fighting for me as a friend. He lost his feelings for me I guess. I wished to be his girlfriend again, get married. But destiny wasn't kind to the both of us. I left America and went to Ireland. I am unhappy when I studied Senior highschool in that country. "My name is Dylan, I thought you cannot find us! Now here you are looking beaten up. You are such a fool, Kai."Dylan laughed wickedly. He dragged Kai's body to the bedroom. Kai was now unconscious. I feel so sorry for him. I looked for him everywhere. Now Kai is struggling to survive.

(Kai's Point of view)

As I rang the doorbell for several moments. Someone opened the door. I looked at him, he is muscular, but he seems creepy. He then put a grip on my white shirt. He pulled me inside. He stared at me. I noticed that Veronica was tied up. Who is this guy? Why does he look familiar? He then suddenly punched me."Ah!"I whispered... I felt the stirring pain at my stomach. I'm weak...I cannot protect myself. Veronica shouted my name. Dylan continued to beat me up. I wasn't strong enough to fight. I tried to punch him but he seems to be good in Mixed Martial Arts. I was feeling the agony. If only I knew who this guy was. And I am about to find out.