Chapter 10: Cupid's Archer

"Jalina I love you." Tristan whispered as he held Jalina's hand while she was asleep. He sat near the bed she was lying down on. It was heartbreaking. Both of them are in the hospital.

Jalina slowly opened her eyes. She finally gained consciousness. She let Tristan adjust the bed for her to feel comfortable. Seeing Tristan in front of her was like a sweet Starbucks' drink that she enjoyed a few weeks ago. She was sure of one thing: Her feelings for Tristan is going stronger. She knew Gale still love her but it was vague and falling flat into pretending.

But for Kai Ferrer, she never had feelings for him. She just treats him like her friend nothing more.
Tristan may be a Barista, but he cares for her truly which made her smile at this dark moment.

"Hi." She said weakly and started smiling, her eyes looking into his. She was sad that he brought her here. It was pointless to her that he didn't follow what she said. It was an emergency anyway. The doctor came in he wasn't happy on her situation. He managed to bring out the news that might sadden her.

"Ms. Jalina Vella, or Mrs? I would like to inform you that you don't need the operation anymore. It was false news that you have ovarian cancer. The doctor that mentioned you this is wrong. We found out that that there is something else that is happening in your body. It may be diabetes. I have a question, how do you manage your sugar intake?"

Tristan then looked at her. Worried that maybe the drinks he made for her sometimes had caused this illness. It might be silly, it was important to have the pancreas create proper insulin for her. It was because of her health and diet, now she suffers.

"I don't manage it well at all. I usually love sugary foods. Didn't know this would be the cost." The doctor left them both. "What do you mean by I love you? You know that I am going to be married to gale a month later." Tristan sighed at her reply. He looked away and then they both got eye contact. Looking at each other with silence. "I have liked you since I met you at Starbucks Jalina. It may be a cliche story. You are the most amazing person I know. I am sorry if my private life in the gang got you kidnapped. I wish you be happy with him even though we might only remain friends." Jalina did not respond to him. Her eyes were tired, she really needed rest. She stayed in the hospital for a few hours before-.

Gale arrived along with Jalina's parents. It was the exact people she doesn't want to see for now. She wants to see her dad but part of her made her sad because he agreed that Gale would marry her in the arrange marriage they planned for her.

Jalina opened her phone and went on social media. She then read a news about her. It contained that she fell ill and is about to be marrying Gale. "I feel sad about this news." Jalina told him. Tristan then scratch his hair. He was feeling bad that he won't be marrying the girl he loved.

"If only you free yourself and marry me." He told her his eyes were longing for a good relationship with her. He frowned, his heart and mind wasn't happy on what was going on.

"I would loved to. But I have no control over my parent's decisions. It is unfair!" She then started crying on her pillow. It looked like there is an immature side to her. Tristan laughed thinking she was joking. He knew she loved Gale and not him. But he never knew what was truly in Jalina's heart and mind.

"I'm not joking Tristan! They both should know I had just broke up with him a few years ago. Now they want me to marry I guy that broke up with me. Its just so unfair Tristan. So unfair!" It definitely was he agreed with her. He just nodded in agreement. There was someone that was trying to open the hospital bedroom door.

When it finally opened she saw her worried mother's face. She was still wearing her fancy casual clothing. It wasn't great to see her mother right now. Jalina wasn't in the mood to talk to her mother. "Jalina darling, I brought your fiancé with me. Is that okay with you?" Her mother gestured at Gale. It wasn't making her feel any better. Her father came in late, he had been worried sick of his daughter. His actions tell that he had just went through a bad day.

Gale looked at her, it was unbelievable for him that she would be at the hospital. Last time they were together as a couple, she was healthy and fit. Now she looked haggard and unwell. "Jalina, do you really want to marry me? I don't think that Cupid's arrow had shot your heart at the both of us. Maybe Cupid's eyesight is bad and missed the both of us."
Her mother than told him that it was fine if they both don't love each other yet. Why? It was because her mother think that marriage and not break up was best for both of them.

A thought came into Jalina's mind. A solution to her problem. "Gale, and mom, I would rather marry Tristan than marry Gale. You should know that me and Gale's relationship had already ended. I no longer feel anything for Gale. Gale is right about cupid's arrow that link me and him got broken or missed its shot. Instead Cupid had found the perfect match for me. And it is you, Tristan. No one else would make me more happy in this lifetime." Jalina's words was heartbreaking for Gale. It was perfect for Tristan since everything he felt was so real towards her.

"Darling, my dear Jalina. I suppose your feelings towards Tristan is just an infatuation. You had just met him a month ago. Now you are telling me that you wanted to marry Tristan? How illogical it is for you to say you love him. You must use logic not fallacies that made you persuaded by his charms. Look at him! He is just a Barista guy you just met at a café. You must have the audacity to do something unpleasant as this." Her mother said in a tone that is very intimidating. Then Jalina then glared at her mother. It may be disrespectful... though she is so tired of arguing with her mother.

"After I go out of this hospital. I would get ready to marry Tristan. Whether you like it or not." Her mother then nodded at her. "Fine if thats what you want. You are cut off from me. I would no longer treat you as my own daughter. Your step sister will be the heir to all of my will."

That did not just hurt Jalina's feelings. It cuts her sad feelings open. Like a broken fountain that scatters its water. Her mother left her in disappointment. Gale looks at Jalina... He realized he was right that Jalina had move on over him.

"Jalina...I know you love Tristan. I just been caught up in your fight between your mother. I know I may have hurt you since the moment I broke up with you. I am sorry... So sorry that I disregarded my feelings for you before. Its now in the past Jalina. Please forgive me."

Jalina closed her eyes, ignoring him... She already forgave him. He just did not show how he had really loved her. It really upsets her that he still wanted to marry her after all this mess.

Her father then came closer near her bed. "I was wrong... Now I support whatever your decision is Jalina. You and your mother may have had a disagreement. Me and your step mother will fund on your wedding with Tristan. I want you to relax and feel better my beautiful princess." Then her father kissed her on her for head. He accidentally bumped her dextrose. Both of them laughed.Then Tristan hugged his soon to be father-in-law. The day ended with Tristan laying down on the couch while Jalina enjoyed watching him sleep. He is such an adorable person to her. She closed her eyes. Feeling like this was all a dream.