Chapter 9: Begin Again

miraewriters jeixiie venuswrites_
(Tristan's point of view)

Morning sunlight can hurt my eyes. The curtains were opened which made me wake up. I need to go and ask Chloe what happened. I was wondering why she was so mad last night. She looked very worried about someone. I do not know what she was doing. I was just borrowing her computer for some research. But for some reason, she shouted at me. Telling me to leave. I never liked my sister. She is always like a spoiled brat. My mom forced me to work at once. I secretly go to school also even though I got a job. I kept on thinking about why I was born in a cruel world. I pay the rent of the house, do house chores, I feel like a maid pr slave here.

"Tristan! Come down here this instant!" My mom told me. I feel so dumb around her. She never appreciated my hard work for this family. I stand up and fix my bed. Hoping that I can escape my mother and sister. I wanted to see Jalina. She was the most beautiful girl I ever knew. Maybe I should court her? She looks great when she smiles. Oh, I forgot! I should prepare myself for today.

I then got my uniform for Starbucks along with my school uniform. I wore civilian clothing. I don't have work today!
I told my boss I will take a break. I did my chores again as always. My sister is still sleeping. Geez, it's now 12:00 in the morning. I finished my list of chores. Mom looks sleepy. Now I can hang out with Jalina soon.

I sneaked out of the house. I was going to walk to her house. I do not have enough money to afford my transportation. I wish I knew who Jalina loves. Is it me? Maybe not! She makes me feel happy. I miss her. Good thing she gave me an address and number.

I then opened my phone. I found out I have no more mobile data. Why am I so poor? I continued to walk then jog. I feel so tired, I knew Jalina's house is beside Starbucks. I really would do anything for Jalina. I think we are just friends for now. Whatever I feel is doubting if she loves me as a friend. I then stumbled upon a man. He stares at me with angry eyes. His eyes were scary. "Hey, you! Give me your wallet, or I will kill you." I did not look at him. I have nothing at all. Why would I give my wallet? I do not have any! He continued to follow me. I can't help but notice this holdapper "Stop it! I am broke like you. I don't have any money." I then showed him my pockets. He then laughed sarcastically.

He let me go a few moments later. I walked for many blocks away. I don't care about the distance. I only care to see her. I'm not obsessed with her. I just want to be her close friend. I then arrived at the right address. I am now standing on the gate of her mansion. I rang the doorbell several times. Hoping someone would answer. The Mansion is beautiful it has a modern taste. Unlike my house where I pay the rent.

"Hello, who are you?" A young maid asked me. I was afraid I might say something wrong. I think I have a headache, I need to answer fast. "I am a friend of Jalina Vella. My name is Tristan Styles. I walked all the way to come here." The maid giggles and open the door. "You may come in. Jalina is upstairs, she seems to have some problems." I followed the maid as she brought me to a clean and organized living room. Poor Jalina, she really needs some rest. Maybe I should wait here in the living room. "You looked, tired sir. I think you must remove your shoes and sleep here." The maid then gave me pillows and a blanket. She even fixed the sofa bed for me. I feel comfortable here. "I will wake you up when Jalina stops crying. I heard she will marry a guy that she doesn't love." The Maid then told me a story about how Jalina and her mother have conflicts. Peter Vella is her cousin but he treats him like a brother. Peter Vella's parents died a long time ago. "So what's your name?" I wanted to know this kind of girl in front of me. She grinned and gave me a delightful look. "My name? Well, my name is Arianna." She smiled and she seems interested in me. She left for a while to prepare snacks and drinks for me and Jalina. I slept on the sofa bed. I think that Jalina hasn't moved on. I wish she could be my girlfriend. But I do not want to rush and push myself to her. I wanted slow movements, slow dancing, and feel the romantic love between us. No distance can stop me from courting her. Then I let myself sleep for a while.

Jalina's point of view.
As I heard the doorbell ringing. I am annoyed by it so I told the maid to ask who was that person ringing the doorbell. I feel depressed after knowing I am going to marry a complete stranger. Then my phone rang. Who is my personal assistant and maid? I answered the call by swiping and entering my passcode.   At the right moment, I heard his name. "Tristan Styles wants to see you. He came all the way for him to meet you. I will let him sleep in the living room. He looks so haggard and tired." How sweet he is... But I am still in love with Gale Horan. Unlike the other guys, he was my first love. But he lied to me that he loves me. He loves his younger sister more. Kai and Tristan must understand that I am still single and ready to wait for another man. I changed my clothes to some comfortable, Pink roses print, and it was mixed with a color of white kind of dress. I put some make upon. I wore some high heels. I grab my small bag was my iPhone XI, make-ups (for retouch), and a medical kit and medicine. I'm under medications which I kept secret from my dad, mom, stepsisters and my cousin.

Now that my doctor told me I have stage 1 ovarian cancer. That is why the symptoms we're not obvious to my parents. My parents rarely see me. I feel like I am dying.

The doctor told me I have fewer days to live if I don't tell my parents. All I care about now is to find someone who would take care of me. Like a boyfriend. That is why I do not want to have a husband. My illness would ruin my relationship with people. What will happen to me? My last appointment was with Doctor Kansas. And I would meet him after I talk to Tristan. I went out of the room. I go downstairs and noticed he was quietly sleeping. My P.A saw me and she woke him up. Tristan woke up and his jaw dropped. Like and I shaped mouth. Does he like me? If I became his... I might die and leave him alone. As I stepped on the last stairs. I feel fatigued and sick. Tristan came to help me walk. He escorted me to the sofa bed. "Be careful not to hurt yourself. I think you should go to the hospital." His concerned look made me happy. At least someone is there for me. Am I going to survive? I cannot have any babies in my future. My addiction to Starbucks is not the reason for me having this cancer. My grandma died because of this cancer. I inherited it from my Grandmother. I only found this out when my periods became irregular. And now I might die. I wish I could be healed, I wish I can have a family like normal people do, and my last wish was for my mother; so that she would change her ways and be good.