A Friend In Need..!

Devasena woke up at the sound. She looked down to see her Son's and Avantika sleeping on her lap. But they too woke up to the sound.

"Rani Devasena! Aa chapudu"

"Amma! Nana?"

Aslam was already up and others followed his suit. Everyone came out and whatever they saw, made their eyes well up, mainly Devasena. Her husband was on his knees.

A few moments back..!

Amarendra who woke up, came out of the caves and saw Kattappa standing and Amarendra was about to call for his mama, when he saw, there beside.. Was that, really..

"Baadshah!"

Was all he could say as he saw his horse standing there. He took steps towards Amarendra and next moment collapsed. And Amarendra who also took steps towards Baadshah collapsed beside him.

Amarendra caressed Baadshah and Baadshah blinked his eyes that were shining. Amarendra's eyes were also welling up. He could see Baadshah panting with all the work he had done to come here.

Devasena who came there held Avantika's hands as she saw her husband like that. Mahendra put his arm around Devasena while Aslam stood silently in their support.

"Rei Baadshah! How are you ra?"

Baadshah snorted even in that condition. Amarendra chuckled as his tears flowed. Baadshah lifted his head up and nudged Amarendra who hugged Baadshah neck.

"Rei Baadshah! I come alive after all these years only to see you like this?"

Baadshah panted.

"What happened to all our dreams ra? Where is Veera?"

He asked in rusty voice that held ample amount of pain. Baadshah blinked his eyes. Devasena came to them and caressed Baadshah who revelled in the feel of his masters' touch.

"Just like us, Baadshah also got separated from his Mate Amarendra. Veera died 7 years ago."

She said not able to stop her own tears. Amarendra bowed his head down. How much more pain has his family endured? Devasena held Amarendra's shoulders.

Baadshah's breathing grew heavy. Amarendra understood it was time. At that moment he saw Baadshah's eyes shine. Amarendra and Devasena turned to see Mahendra standing there and looking down at the animal. Devasena called him.

"Baadshah. Mahendra"

"Our son ra Baadshah"

They introduced. Baadshah lifted his head and MAhendra bent down. He touched Baadshah's neck who nudged him once.

Baadshah turned to Kattappa who went behind the woods and came back with black horse with white spots on him. Amarendra looked at Baadshah who nudged him. Devasena smiled.

"Their colt Amarendra. Dheera! 7 year old baby"

Amarendra looked at Devasena in question. Devasena nodded affirmative saying that Veera indeed died giving birth to Dheera. Amarendra caressed the colt who stood beside Mahendra.

Baadshah looked at the family and his colt and lifted himself up giving one last squeal before collapsing completely.

"BAADSHAH!"

Amarendra shouted shaking him. Devasena's tears were flowing continuously as she saw her usually calm and composed husband breaking down. Kattappa stood with his head bowed as he expected this. Dheera, the baby colt, put his head on Mahendra hiding itself in his new master. Mahendra hugged Dheera's neck and caressed him.