Enter the Fortress

"YUVARAJAAAA!"

Kattappa yelled moving forward and commanded his forge to cover Mahendra from the rain of arrows. Paartheeba, Kattappa, Naayaka and Aslam pulled him behind into cover where the rain of arrows will not reach. All the soldiers ran to cover to escape from those arrows. Mahendra rebelled against their hold and moved forward with determination.

"Leave me Thatha. Seeing him drag my mother like that, every drop of blood in my body is boiling. Even the thought of my mother being captive is burning me from inside Anna.I don't mind even if I lose my life in this, don't stop me Mama!"

"Mahendra, we did not come all this way, and your mother did not go through all those to see you die. But to see his death. Don't take steps with such impulse. Stop and think for a moment. You will see light at the end of the dark tunnel."

Kattappa tried to make Mahendra understand.

On the other side Amarendra who was watching all this form vantage point whistled for Sultan and ran forward towards the fortress. But Arzoo stopped him.

"Abbu.. Stop!"

"Twenty five years I let her live captive in his hands because I did not know. But today after seeing how he dragged her, how can I stop? Don't stop me Arzoo! I will either leave my life or I will kill him with my bare hands for even touching my Devasena, let alone drag her like that.."

"Calm down Abbu. If you are boiling like this, think about Yuvaraja. Now is the time you have to think. You did not come back alive after all that you were put through to die. And you will not jump like this if you really understood Ammi."

Her words brought Amarendra to halt. He knew that his wife was captive for 25 years in the past because she knew that her son would come. That was her only hope. But now if she had let herself to become captive when he and Mahendra both were there, then..

"That little minx!"

Amarendra chuckled. Arzoo smirked.

"Come let us find a way to calm Yuvaraja and find a way for him."

At that moment they heard Mahendra's wild roar and chuckled. Shaking their head they left from there informing Sanga and Raasi.

There Mahendra walked here and there like a wounded tiger. Then he turned back and saw many palm trees. Then he remembered how Amarendra used them as catapult to pull water from the pond below. Immediately an idea struck him.

"Anna, get as many strong ropes as you can get. Babayi get our shields. Mama, Thatha gather our boys. Shailendra!"

Mahendra called one of his friends from his tribal family who came running to him.

"Enti Shivudu?"

"Get our men those are used to swimming, fishing and pulling water from the river."

Shailendra did as he said.

"Avantika! I am trying to enter the fortress. Gather our people. You and Anna lead our people inside the fortress, once I open the entrance."

"Careful Shiva!"

Mahendra just nodded his head and asked his men to hold the high end of the palm tree and pull them down. Since Palms were very flexible, they bent to their strength.

"Boys, get your shields! Remember our plan?"

All the boys nodded their heads. Aslam, Paartheeba, and Naayaka kept looking as four of them with Mahendra in the lead and Kattappa in the end. All held hands and Mahendra gave the command to Kattappa to cut the rope that held the Palm tree bent to the ground. Immediately as the rope was cut, the palm reverted back to its position throwing them high in the air like a stone from catapult. In the mid air Mahendra whistled, commanding them to form a circle with shields on the outside. They became like a metal ball that travelled in the air and landed straight inside the fortress on one of the high towers.