Take a "Chance"

When Bonnie first saw Dean she thought he was unbelievably attractive but when she saw Chance; there was something about him that was almost irresistible. She wanted to learn more about him but she was hesitant, even though it seemed like he liked her enough. She watched Chance get up to grab a marshmallow and when he came back he sat next to Bonnie in favor of his old spot. She wondered what he was doing but all she could really think about after a while was hoe cute he was and embarrassingly enough, how good he smelled. A cool breeze blew over them and Bonnie shivered and looked around for her jacket. It was then she realized that since her mom had rushed her out of the house she had forgotten to grab it.

"What are you looking for?" Chance asked her.

"Nothing, I just realized I forgot my jacket."

"That's not good. Do you want mine?" Bonnie looked up and caught eyes with Dean. He didn't look too happy but he looked away quickly after realizing she was looking back at him. Then Bonnie caught the eye of one of the other girls. She though it was Lexi but wasn't too sure. The girl was definitely glaring at her but unlike Dean, she wouldn't look away. Instead, Bonnie turned away, feeling slightly intimidated.

"Are you sure? Won't you be cold?" Bonnie replied but she hesitated because honestly she kind of hoped Dean would offer his sweater to her. Maybe then the girl would stop staring at her.

"Nah, I'll be fine." Chance took off his hoodie before she even reply and then passed it over to her. "Besides I have body heat." He said and moved him body closer to hers. Bonnie blushed as she put the sweater on. Anything could make her blush especially anything from Chance. His eyes made her feel like putty in his hands. She pulled the bottom down but the hood stayed on her head. She went to pull it off but Chance beat her to it. He gently took the hood and slid it down. She hadn't realized, till now, how close he was to her.

"It looks good on you." Chance said with a smile. She looked down and saw how baggy and long it was on her and gave him a skeptical look. He laughed, "No really, you look cute! You should wear my jackets more often." His smooth words made Bonnie blush even more. She was sure that even in the dark he could see the red rising to her cheeks and that thought made her turn away. As she did she looked at Dean again. This time he didn't look away. His expression was confused and if her mind wasn't playing tricks on her Bonnie though she could see a hint of a pained look on his handsome face. It made her question Chance and Dean but she barely knew either of them. There was no point in choosing between them right now. And did Dean really like her like that or was he just being nice. He wasn't putting up much of a fight with Chance if he did like her and why wasn't he talking to her? She questioned in her head. Her thoughts went away when she heard Chance say something.

"What was that?" She asked.

"Do you want to go walk down by the water?"

She thought about it; was anyone else going to go or would it just be them two. She wasn't paying attention earlier so she wasn't sure. "Um... I guess so." Afterwards only they got up. So apparently no one else was coming.

They started to make their way when Dean stood "I'll go too." Bonnie thought she saw Chance give him a look but wasn't too sure. But then Dean sat back down, "or maybe not."

"okay you ready?" Chance asked Bonnie. She nodded and they started on their way again. "So where did you move here from?"

"um...Hawaii actually."

"Hawaii? Exotic, I like that," He had made her blush so many times already but yet his words made her blush for what felt like the hundredth time. "Do you want to sit on the life guard post for a little while?"

"Well, I don't know. It says not to go on there."

"Oh come on Bonnie. Take some risks. It's not like anyone is going to catch us and if they do they'll just say to get off." He grabbed her hand and pulled her up the ladder. They sat down on the edge facing the ocean.

"Wow! It's really nice up here."

"Yeah, you look beautiful."

"You mean the view?"

"No I mean you." He replied without any hesitation. Chance was a little too pushy for Bonnie but he made her feel so special so she overlooked it. Bonnie shivered from the cool breeze flowing around them. "Cold?" Chance asks.

"yes" Bonnie laughs, "even with your jacket."

"It's okay. I'll warm you up." Chance put her arm around Bonnie and pulled her slightly closer. Bonnie felt incredibly wary of the situation. No guy had ever been this upfront with her but somehow his attention felt good. She pushed away slightly making her lose her balance. She squealed as she fell to the sand beneath them. Chance jumps down smoothly, "whoa, are you okay?" It looks like he is trying to hold back laughter.

She decides to make it funny so she won't start crying out of embarrassment. She looks at him and smiles, "Don't you dare laugh at me." She says with a teasing tone. She can tell that it's getting harder for him to hold it in. "don't do it." She warns.

Chance ends up laughing anyways, "I'm sorry but you have to admit it was really funny. One second we're sitting there looking at the ocean, enjoying each other's company I might add, then all of a sudden you're on the floor." Chance says and starts laughing again.

She gasps, "I told you not to laugh at me," then she starts poking him.

"Oh so that's how you want to play?" Chance asks playfully then pokes her back.

"No please don't" Bonnie squeals then runs away. Chance is faster though and quickly catches up and starts poking her sides again. They are both laughing and Bonnie is yelling stop as she tries to get away. She doesn't realize that they had made it back to the bonfire until she turns around and sees everyone staring at them. Chance stops but still has a smirk on his face and Bonnie clears her throat and blushes. Then she walks quickly and quietly to her spot next to Dean again. Keeping her head down this time. Everyone goes back to their conversations and marshmallow roasting. Chance come and sits next to her again.