Chapter 3- What is going on?

Rigger awoke with a groan, "somebody shoot that bloody cockerel!"

Fletcher sat up and ruffled his hair, "do that and we'd have a nice dinner."

Finishing my braid, I put on my gloves, "do that and Bill will send one of yous to get anther one of them buggers!"

Rigger furrowed his brow at me," who asked you?"

With a sigh I replied, " Good morning to you to."

I shut the broken door behind me as I made my way to collect eggs. Over supper last night, Bill had asked me to let all of the horses out into the field. Colin had received time off so I was still doing his jobs. Neither Rob or my brother could do as they had went back into town. So I had to go another day without seeing my brother settle in.

I lay in the sun as thoughts raced through my head. My lunch break was over and Bill would have wanted me to get back to work. Yet the grass was so comfortable and it had been a while since I had felt so relaxed. Although the horses would not let themselves out. Slowly, I stood up and sighed. All I wanted to do was see my brother. My head was battered and flooded with concerns as well as worries. And still, off to the stables I went.

When I reached the end of the wound path, I froze...