Tolerance

Aurelia's POV

Bianca was okay. That's all that really mattered.

I hurry quickly back to the holding cells. I don't want to leave Audrey with Asher for too long. Who knows what havoc they would wreak?

I nearly run downstairs, stopping short at the sight that met my eyes.

Audrey and Asher were leaning close together, murmuring about something.

"What's happening?" My voice is slightly higher than usual.

Audrey and Asher jump apart quickly.

"Nothing!" Audrey says defensively.

"Audrey, I'd like to introduce you to my incredibly hot girlfriend," Asher says.

"Ah, I've never met her till now," Audrey plays along with the charade.

"Do you not agree how incredibly hot she is? I am quite lucky," Asher pretends to swoon.

"Well, you haven't seen my incredibly hot boyfriend," Audrey adds dreamily. "He's just so perfect."

"Your incredibly hot boyfriend is not a girl," Asher says pointedly.

"Right," Audrey snaps out of her daze.

"I'm going to pretend that that never happened," I can't help but laugh at Audrey's remarks about Noah.

"I'm also going to pretend like my incredibly hot girlfriend didn't walk in on me almost kissing her best friend," Asher says smoothly, making my jaw drop.

"How dare you?" Audrey rebukes, rather rudely. "'Course I wouldn't ruin my best friend's only chance at love."

My jaw drops even more. I try to recover some of my dignity. "Audrey, I think you and Asher make a cute couple."

Asher winks at me. "All the cuteness comes from me, I hope?"

"You wish," Audrey rolls her eyes. "Also, my incredibly hot boyfriend is waiting for me back home, so I should get going after Aurelia tells me what happened."

"Alright, back to the serious stuff," Asher groans childishly.

"Bianca's okay. She was just having - "

"A ton of guilt because she kills people every day?" Asher interrupts.

"Uh, yeah, actually," I stare at Asher, dumbfounded.

Audrey nods, rather sadly. "Guess it happens. Well, I'm going to leave you two lovebirds to your own." She flounces off.

"Kiss your fiance for me," Asher calls as I smack his hand from the prison cell bars.

"Shut up," I tell him. "Now - "

"When are we going to sneak out?" Asher asks, his eyes bright.

Oh right. That little agreement.

"Midnight," I say, trying to appear casual.

"Right. Should we bring snacks?" Asher wonders, genuinely thinking about it.

"Whatever you want." I'm preoccupied by thinking about Bianca. She seemed to be alright after I talked to her. But what if -

"Hey, I want actual food," Asher says, breaking my train of thought.

"I think you'd prefer to starve," I retort, annoyed at his antics.

Asher gasps suddenly. "I know why you won't give me food!"

"Why?" I ask, curious to hear his answer.

"You think I'm fat, don't you?" Asher fakes a girly tone, looking close to actually crying.