The Years After

The man walked into the dimmed room. His eyes were narrowed to dangerous slits, and seemed to flare in the dark. With a swipe of his large hand, he easily flipped the light switch on. In the middle of the cold room, was a large, cylinder tank filled with green water. Air was pumped into it, by the bubbles coming up from the bottom. 

His amused gait slowly striding towards the tank, and what floated inside it. A women of 20 years was inside, her ankles and wrists chained. Over her mouth a piece of equipment that allowed her to breath. Her dark hair floated in the water, with that red glaring tint still there. Her lovely and strong amber eyes were closed, not allowing him to see those glowing eyes, outlined with carrots and traced with blood.

Stripped of her infamous Varia jacket.

He lifted a hand up to touch the cool glass. His placed over where it would have met her cheek, if not for the glass. He traced it lovingly, with a soft smiled sketch onto his face.

"You would have been perfect... If not for them." 

He spat, dropping his hand from the glass. The last word he said dripped with venom. Scowling, his eyes skimmed over her report. 

Regular breathing, healthy heart-rate, and acceptable weight. Good. 

An amused chuckle rang in the air. Placing the clipboard down, he walked towards the door. Giving one last glance toward the tank, he flicked the lights back off. Sealing the door behind him, he walked away.

"Hmm.. It seems Vendicare really stands up to their standards."

**********

You sat down on the ground. All aroung you was white. No other colors.

Just WHITE. 

The ground was odd, you could feel it under your feet, yet, you felt almost weightless. You looked around.

Just more white. Sitting cross-legged, you placed your chin in your hand. Making you look like a bored child. 

You huffed. In this entire space of blankness, you had nothing to do. 

"Nufufu~" 

A strange chuckle rang in the air. You snapped your head up, in a fighting position when you realized that your dagger is gone, as well as your scythe/sickles/cane. In fact, your outfit was changed and replaced. 

Instead of your Varia uniform, was just now a plain white shirt and shorts? And no shoes. Barefoot.

However, your special Varia ring was still on your middle finger. The purple seemed to glow.  

"No need for fright, young one. Just listen to me. Our first step, however, is to wake up."

What? What did they mean by that?

And with that, your vision blurred. 

**********

Xanxus leaned back into his chair, disgruntled. Upon recalling the date, it's been 3 years since they had last heard from you. The Vongola believed you either died or went MIA. However, that Tenth bastard seems to rather calm about this, considering his only Cloud guardian is gone.   

But he had a feeling of where you were.

And he was sure you weren't in dirt.

No.

However, you were underground...

"Oi, trash. Come on, we're going to somewhere."

"Oh?"

"Really?! I hope it somewhere beautiful!" 

"VOOOIIIII!? YOU CAN'T JUST TELL US WE'RE GOING SOMEWHERE RANDOMLY-"

"Yes Sir!"

Copper Red eyes narrowed into dangerous slits. 

"We are going to get our cloud back."

**********

Your eyelids felt heavy for some reason, as if you haven't opened them for a long time. After struggling to open them, your eyes were met with water. Strange green water. Blinking them, you found that it wasn't getting into your eyes. Rather, it was as if they weren't in your eyes at all.

You looked around. You were in a.. dark room, the tank you were in gave off a soft glow. Barely lighting up the room. You could tell there was glass barrier in front of you, trained, sharp eyes narrowing. 

You didn't like being trapped.

You reached out to touch the glass, but something restraining your wrists stopped you. Glancing towards them, you noticed chains. You also noticed something around your mouth. Scowling with eyebrows furrowed, you gave a harsh tug, the chains loosing ever so slightly. 

'Dammit.'

"Nufufu~ hard time? Use that ring of yours. Surely it will help."

There was that voice again. Ignoring someone was in your thoughts, you gave another tug. Only harder than last time. You could feel them start to crack under the pressure you had. Narrowing your eyes, you tried to bring out your flames. Thinking the one thought you wanted, the ring began to flare softly, growing stronger with your desire.

And what did you want? Freedom.

You didn't like being restrained. 

Now giving off strong glow, the flames traveled down the chains, causing them to crack. With a small tug, they broke off. Though, the black cuffs were still around your wrist. Overlooking that, you did the same to the ones at your ankle. 

Know that you were restricted anymore, rapped on the glass. It was few inches thick, you could tell. But that was no problem at all.

Focusing your flames onto your hands, ignoring the pain, you pulled it back and punch the barrier.

CRASH

You smash it into pieces, shards flying everywhere. Water escaped through the hole, causing even more shards to break, making a huge gap in the tank. You’re leaned on one side of the glass tank. That took a bit of stamina. After being suspended in water, your balance was off. 

Ripping off whatever it was around your mouth, you chucked it away. Panting, your dark hair clung to your body and face. As well as your clothes. To your curiosity, you were wearing a dark green shirt and black shorts. Not at all what you were wearing during your mission. 

And your jacket was right over there. On a table. 

Quickly dashing over to it, ignoring the glass shards that just left blood and scars down your skin, you grabbed it and flung it on. Sighing at the comfort it brought, you glance around. What you could see, was a prison.

And only one had what you were just trapped in.

Vendicare.

Here we go.