Chapter Five

“That's the thing about pain.
It demands to be felt.”
John Green, The Fault In Our Stars

Chapter Five

"Does anybody know what happened to Mr. Agreste?" their chemisty teacher asked with an eyebrow raised, the feeling of doubt towards the blonde model rising inside of her. "That boy has been absent for about a week. I thought he'd be a good student."

Everyone's heads turned to one another, searching for the guilty party. But no one seemed to know what happened to Adrien.

Chloe stood up, dramatically shook her head while fanning her face, "Adrikins will come back soon. He's really sick. He told me that he will always love me and will never leave me. That's proof enough that he will come to school by next week or so!"

Marinette, knowing that this was just another one of her lies, rolled her eyes and leaned forward to tap on Adrien's best friend, Nino's shoulder.

"Hey," she whispered, "Do you know what happened to Adrien?"

Nino felt a slight pang of pity, knowing that this girl sees Adrien as something much more than a friend. "No dude, sorry. All I know is that he is sick. I went to his house the other day and—"

"Marinette and Nino!"

The both of them flinched and looked at their teacher, who looked like she was about to explode. "Care to share what you two have been talking about in class?"

They heard a small snicker and Marinette didn't have to look to know whom it came from. She looked down and shook her head, her cheeks flushed in embarrassment. She has never been called out in class before. "No, miss. We're sorry."

The teacher squinted, debating whether or not to scold them evem further. Knowing that it would only make her explode, she let out a huge sigh and shook her head.

"Teenagers these days. Disrespectful," she muttered under her breath as she turned around and continued writing nosebleeding terms on the white board.

—∞—

"Is there something on my teeth?" Marinette asked Tikki, showing the small kwami her teeth.

"No, it's completely clean," The red creature giggled, finding the ravenette's excitement amusing.

It was a quite a cold Sunday afternoon in Paris when Marinette decided to go to the Agreste mansion to give her crush a box of croissants and a get well soon letter. Even though Marinette doesn't talk to Adrien that much because of her uncontrollable stuttering and nervousness whenever he's near, she still wanted to at least give him something to make him feel a little bit better.

"Okay," She took a deep breath and held the green box that contained the croissants tighter, "okay. I got this."

Tikki gave her a small thumbs up before flying inside Marinette's pink sling bag. She lifted a hesitant finger and pressed the doorbell, her heartbeat pounding harshly against her chest, her excitement quickly being taken over by nervousness.

"Oh my, Tikki, I don't think I can—" before she could finish her sentence, a video camera popped out of nowhere, placing itself directly infront of the ravenette's face, shocking her. "—H-hello! It's me, M-Marinette! Yes, that's me, hehe. Marinette. Yeah."