Chapter Five: Hogsmeade Village

[Chapter Five]

The next morning, I awoke to a loud thump. I opened one eye and peered around.

I was lying in Fred’s bed, facing away from him, and he had an arm around my waist. Lee had rolled off of his bed and was now groggily getting to his feet.

“Lee, are you okay?” I asked, yawning softly.

He nodded, also yawning.

“Where’d the other guys go?” he asked, pointing to the two empty beds on either side of his.

“Probably went down to breakfast,” I said, sitting up, Fred’s arm falling off of me. “Let’s wake these two up.”

Lee grinned, arming himself with a pillow as he crept over to George’s bed while I climbed out of the bed and stood up the one next to his.

“One,” I said, grinning.

“Two,” said Lee, raising the pillow.

“THREE!” Fred and George shouted, both leaping up and tackling their attackers.

“Ow, George!” Lee cried as George wrestled him to the ground. Fred caught me by the waist and we both went tumbling to the ground.

He began to tickle me and I couldn’t help but let out my hysterical laughter.

“What is going on in here?” Percy cried as he stormed in. “Oh, it’s you, Lucy.”

“Oh, come on, Perce, don’t be a killjoy,” I said, grinning up at him.

Percy huffed and straightened his tie.

The year before Professor Flitwick, Professor McGonagall, and Professor Dumbledore had a nice talk about how Fred and George would constantly sneak me into Gryffindor tower and agreed that from then on, I would have permission to, and they told the Prefects, the Head Boy and Girl, and the Fat Lady. We all knew that Percy didn’t like it very much, but he knew he couldn’t do anything about it.

Well, he was in his last year of Hogwarts anyway, so we didn’t really care.

We quickly made our way down to the Great Hall where Terry was waiting for us at the Ravenclaw table.

When I sat, there was already a plate with a stack of pancakes and pile of bacon.

“So you spent the night in Gryffindor tower?” Terry asked.

“Yup,” I said, picking a fork and a thing of syrup. I poured on the syrup and stabbed my fork in.

“For someone incredibly tiny, you sure eat a lot,” said George, eyeing my plate.

I was about to take the first bite when Professor Lupin approached.

“Lucy, may I have a word?” he asked.

I sighed and looked sadly at my plate.

“Oh, all right,” I said. “But if any of you buggers touch it, I’ll kill you.”

I stood up and followed him into the entrance hall.

“What is it, Professor?”

“I know that you’re an Animagus,” he said.

I gaped up at him, utterly shocked.

“How could you possibly know that?” I asked. I hadn’t used my skill since early summer, so there was no way he could have seen it.

“Dumbledore told me,” he said.

“How did Dumbledore know?” I swear, you can’t hide a damn thing from that man!