Chapter 1

Yeah, It's Sarah, once again.

I had to delete the story because Wattpad was flipping out on me and I couldn't add a description or cover :P

This is now a finished chapter as I edited in the rest. I kinda expected it to be longer but oh well. Please read if you read the shorter version but not this longer, finished one yet.

Thanks :)

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*♡*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Chapter 1

On a balmy day in the mid-Spring month of April, a collision of events would forever change the lives of two people – one being me, Jen Williams, a 19 year old university student with what could only be described as an impossible dream to be a model. And two, Torrence Grant, a male model at the young age of 22 who was rapidly becoming famous worldwide. Some might call what happened ‘fate’ or ‘destiny.’ But I never agreed. To me, it was only ‘pure coincidence.’

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*♡*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

We sat at the coffee table in my apartment. Torrence’s hair, ebony black, was wet and slicked back due to his recent shower. His dark blue eyes focused intently on the newspaper in front of him, a mug of coffee in hand, long legs crossed under the table. Long, thick lashes fluttered up and down against pale white skin as he read. God, Torrence was handsome as ever. It didn’t take a second look to see that.

Torrence set down the newspaper and leaned back, running a hand through his hair. Then his eyes flickered towards me, looking expectant.

“So…” I said. I looked up to see he was still gazing at me – rather intensely, in fact. Nervous, I laced my fingers together.

I first realized I had a big crush on Torrence when I was about 12 or 13 – when my affection for him had evolved from just best friends to something more.

Of course, he’d never like me back. When he was at that level of famous, he wouldn’t look twice at a girl like me. There were other girls that were more suitable for Torrence. In the end, I was just a girl he’d been friends with when he was young.

And ever since Torrence had been discovered, we’d grown apart. Modeling had changed him. He wasn’t the same down-to-earth kind of guy I’d known years ago. I missed that, but there was nothing I could do about it. Modeling was a huge opportunity – I would never have tried to stop him from taking that chance. It wasn’t what a friend would do.

Torrence was still looking at me. “So…?” he asked impatiently.

“How’s work?” I blurted out. I mentally cursed myself for acting like such an overly eager kid.

Torrence paused before replying. “It’s going well.” He chuckled. “People are always trying to get me to do commercials for them and whatnot.”

Of course they were. He was the Torrence Grant.

“Do you accept many of them?”

“No.” Torrence shook his head. “Just the ones I like. There’s no point in doing something you don’t enjoy. That’s just compromising yourself and your ability.”

“I guess that’s true.”

He picked up his coffee mug, took a sip, and set it back down. “Apparently my manager booked me a flight to Paris. I’m scheduled to do a showing, maybe shoot a commercial or two. Do a photo shoot and have dinner with some important people and stuff.” Torrence picked a piece of lint off his shirt, looking bored.