Chapter 2

AND THE PLOT THICKENS :D

Okay so, this was still somewhat an easy chapter to write. I finished it pretty fast because I had planned out a lot of things I would write.

Chapters from now on may take a little longer, but I'll try my best to update at least once a week, maybe?

Thanks for reading. Enjoy :)

*・゜゚・*:....:*'(**)'*:.. ..:*・゜゚・*

I leaned against the wall, shocked.

Huh?

I shook my head, trying to snap out of it. Now was not the time to freeze up. I inched closer, desperate to hear what they were saying.

Torrence chuckled. “And she wants to be a model, yet she’s never done anything to reach that goal. Who’d want to make her famous, anyway?”

I was speechless.

He continued. “I’m pretty sure she likes me, too.”

“Oh, please,” his friend interrupted. “Every girl worldwide has a crush on you.”

“Yeah, there’s more than a handful willing to commit to a marriage with you,” someone teased.

I could feel Torrence scowling. But I was too numb to care.

“Shut up, idiots,” Torrence said. He laughed. “As if I’d ever like a girl like Jen.”

My heart broke. Sure, I’d expected rejection. Any other way would’ve been fine. But not like this.

A tear slipped down my cheek, and I wiped it away hurriedly, suppressing the need to cry. He’s not worth it, Jen, I told myself. Not worth it at all.

“Did she actually imagine you’d like her? God, that’s frikkin’ idiotic.”

In a second, my sadness was erased by anger.

I burst into the room, furious.

Someone wolf-whistled. I ignored them.

Torrence looked up. “Oh, hey Jen,” he said casually.

I didn’t say anything; I was too busy fuming.

Torrence finally noticed. He got up, looking worried. “Jen, what’s wrong?”

I got madder. How dare this bastard pretend nothing had happened? How dare he talk so casually to me after insulting me?

I looked down at the floor. “I heard everything,” I whispered.

Torrence took a step closer to me. “What did you say?”

I said it louder, angrier. “I heard everything!”

Shock registered on his face for a second. But then the most terrible thing happened. Torrence’s look of concern turned into one of cockiness, and his mouth turned up in a smirk.

“What, do you expect me to apologize or something?” His eyes flashed at me.

I clenched my fists. Torrence had changed. He was no longer the boy I’d liked, even loved.

“How the hell could you have changed so much in just a couple years? You think just because you’re famous, you can degrade people like that?” I demanded. “What the HELL Torrence?!”