Chapter 7

Hey guys.

Lots of dialogue in this chapter. Sorry if you don't like it :P

Vote or comment if you like the story. It would really make me happy :)

My mom has been telling me this book is a waste of my time, but I really care about writing this. I don't know. It sucks having your own mom tell you the one one you're good at and you love is something she thinks doesn't matter.

Sorry for the rant, I just felt frustrated.

Here's the next chapter. Enjoy :)

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*♡*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Chapter 7

It’s stupid to think that if I’d actually made it as a model, I’d never encounter Torrence. Heck, we’d be in the same business, traveling to some of the same places, meeting some of the same people.

But why the hell did it have to happen this soon?!

I sighed inwardly.

Calm down, Jen. Maybe he won’t be there. I mean, what are the chances of that happening?

“Ms. Williams?”

But what if he was? What would I do? Omigod. I’d have to TALK to him!

“Ms. Williams.”

I snapped out of my trance. “Oh, um, did you say something?”

I saw Blake roll his eyes. Bastard.

Maria gave me a reassuring smile. “I was saying, does that sound good to you?

“Yeah, yeah, of course it does! Uhh, quick question?”

She nodded.

“So, um, who’s some of the people who’re gonna be there?” I laughed nervously.

“Ah--” Maria hesitated. “Well, of course, Mr. Crawford will be there, as well as some other agents from countries around the world, and some important, former models. Since this was already a planned event, a couple of our models will be attending.”

Please not Torrence, please not Torrence.

“And of course,” Maria said excitedly, “Torrence Grant will be there, too!”

I groaned.

Maria didn’t seem to notice and went on. “Can you believe Mr. Grant is so young, yet he’s already known almost everywhere? What an accomplishment, and can you believe he’s one of our company very own? Such an amazing young man.”

I almost gagged.

“Oh, Ms. Williams, don’t worry. I’m sure you’ll be well received by everyone.” Maria beamed.

That’s not what I was worrying about.

“If it makes you feel any better, Blake here will be accompanying you for a little while, just to get you used to this business and show you the ropes.”

“Oh, great,” I muttered.

“Hey,” Blake spoke up. “It doesn’t exactly float my boat having to hang around with you either, princess.” He scoffed.

I turned to face him. “Did you just say ‘float my boat’? Oh my god, that is so cheesy. And what the hell did you just call me?!”

He took a step closer. “Prin-cess,” he enunciated. “Got a problem with it?”

I balled my fists and stepped closer. “You fucking ass.”

“Better than being a prin-cess.”