Chapter 5

AT LAST! THE LONG AWAITED CHAPTER FIVE.

You know, it's really surprising how much work I can get done if I just sit down and work. Haha I'm too lazy.

Oh, and if you enjoy this story, please, please, PLEASE leave me some feedback if you have time! I want to know whether it's worth writing this story or if I should just give it up and do something else.

Thank you all and enjoy~

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'(*♡*)'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Chapter 5

What would you do is your dream came true? If you finally reached the end of a goal and all you had to do was say yes? So many things can happen in the blink of an eye, a minute, a second. People become friends and people stop being friends. Couples break up and people get together. People die and people are born.

Lives change forever.

You don’t expect it at first. Sometimes it hits you in one swift blow, or it happens over time until a moment comes when you finally realize what’s going on. Life has so many twists and turns, so many it’s impossible to tell when one will be thrown at you.

We all change. Infinite times. Little changes, big changes. We start to realize the connection and separation between dream and reality. And reality can sometimes crash down on us without a hesitation.

But sometimes it’s for the best. There’s no such thing as a perfect life.

*・゜゚・*:....:*'(**)'*:.. ..:*・゜゚・*

Just then, my cell phone rang.

Caller ID: Mom

I looked at Mr. Crawford. “Um, I have to take this.”

He nodded before gesturing to the hallway, and I stepped out.

“Hey, Mom. What’s up?”

“Y-your father.”

“What?” I noticed then that she was crying. I froze. Something was definitely wrong.

“What’s wrong?” I demanded. “What happened to Dad?”

“Oh, honey.” She sobbed.

“Mom, tell me,” I whispered.

“H-he got in a car accident on his way back from work.”

I dropped the phone and it clattered to the floor. Yet, I didn’t hear a sound, not when I was running toward the elevator, or when Mr. Crawford opened the door and called after me.

I only felt terror.

*・゜゚・*:....:*'(**)'*:.. ..:*・゜゚・*

My hands shook as I drove myself to the hospital nearest to our house. There was no telling what might happen in the minutes to come. I just needed to see my father. Needed to know there was a chance he’d be okay.

Not to mention I’d just run off from the agency, probably leaving Mr. Crawford and Maria in a state of confusion. I could explain later, but no doubt I’d have to go back. My cell phone was still there, if not miraculously broken already.