First Chapter

Olivia

I have lived for more than 200 years now, I can say, I've been there and done that, was lucky enough that I still have a brother and a father despite the resistance that started the first world war. In the vampire world, I'm pretty much on the pre-adolescence stage although being a vampire, we start to act maturely and learn discipline earlier compared to a mortal.

In our world, everything is different, we have a hierarchy on which we can tell just by the color of our eyes. For starters, the royal family has a full gold mixed with silver, if your eyes has a hint of that it would simply mean that you came from a royal family and silver if you're a natural born vampire. If you are a half human and half vampire, your eyes would be midnight purple. And if you are turned as vampire from being a human, it'll be your eye color with a thin red around your pupil.

Very simple, although in our world, to be in a relationship with a human is forbidden, some vampires still manages to make a mistake here and there but my father even with a stone cold heart, he implemented a rule that would let the half-bred live among us, but the vampire must leave and remove the humans memory on everything they shared together, including their child.

After all, it's a child, a vampire child. Us breeding is hard enough why kill? My family is lucky to have two heir. So we have to maintain our population in control and keep the half-bred instead of turning every human in world as our own.

If we do that, then we wouldn't have our food, won't we?

The scarce for blood has been resolved, everything has changed.

Our kind has evolved and adjusted to the new environment to be able to blend with humans, one of our abilities is to keep our eyes unnoticed by humans, for sample, when I decide to speak to a human or there is one nearby, it would be up to me to show the true color of my eyes or to mask it. But on the eyes of a vampire, you cannot change your eye color even if you want to. Also, there's no reason to hide.

And now, I am a Doctor, a general surgeon, gynecologist, neurologist and an anesthesiologist to be exact, I am living my life. In New York, sitting in a bar drinking my life away, or the night at least, being a princess and having to live and see the world change is too much to handle for me, I have always been careful, but today, marks the day of my freedom, from my bodyguards at least, also freedom from the hunters, who seemed to give up after the sign of the treaty, we're all living in harmony. But today, I am free from my commitments, my father has allowed me to live a normal life along with humans, but only for a limited time.

Ahhhh, the taste of good life.

I tapped my finger lightly at the bar, the bartender quickly refilled my glass.

"Your highness.." she bowed as soon as she fills my glass with bourbon mixed with AB-

I rolled my eyes, and gestured my hand to go.

"Enough with the formality already, treat me like a normal one, okay?" I winked at her.

Her face heated, which made me smirk while I took a sip of my drink.

I took a deep breath, which made me regret for a bit, since the smell of alcohol, blood and cigarette doesn't appeal to me very much.

One thing I'm 50/50 glad of having is our sensitivity when it comes to our senses, especially smelling.

I checked the time on my phone, 21:49 I sighed and sipped again on my drink, realizing how time flies by so fast and yet I am still alone.

Just as when I started to go deep within my thoughts, I smelled a very distinct smell, aromatic perhaps, Jasmin...