Sixth Chapter

Olivia

1 week ago...

After the incident in my house, I decided to visit the palace in Romania where my father currently resides. As expected, he knew about the spy already, he even patronized me when he found out I interrogated the spy in my New York penthouse. But when I told him about the black blood his face went paler than it already is, telling me this is not a work of some low life hunter, but a work of a vampire. A vampire with the knowledge of dark arts to be exact.

He then talked to me about leading the investigation which I instantly turned down, why? Because that would mean giving away my freedom which I haven't even enjoyed to the fullest yet. I suggested to put Thomas in place, which my father agreed to. I met with my loving brother Prince Eduard, who's currently assigned to the third world countries, never have I mentioned to him about what's been happening to me or the spies we found, I don't want him to get in touch with it either as he already has too much in his plate. He left the next day telling me that he has some unfinished business somewhere in the South East Asia.

I then met with my trusted cousin, Duchess Alicia IV, who for the first time in a hundred years conceived a child, her tummy was bigger than I expected, in just a matter of weeks she'd deliver the child that would carry her house's legacy. The thought of putting her to work regarding about the spy situation made me think twice, she can't afford any stress now, but they have to be extra careful as they're expecting a child.

I talked to Duke Harry, Alicia's husband regarding about the situation, he then offered his service for the search and implemented rules to his nation such as putting higher price in purchasing servants, not revealing the real case to the people so that the traitors won't be alarmed, makes it much more easier for us to trace the root of all this.

The day before I leave for New York as I was walking down the hallway on my way to the old library, my body felt a different shiver, a shiver that feels like something evil and cold is coming from the underground and touched the tip of my soul, the air suddenly got thick and warm as the smell changed into something indescribable, pungent; like a burning corpse. I followed the scent as I got closer, the air got thicker. My feet stopped to its tracks realizing I was standing in front of the forbidden dungeon.

I looked at the hallway, only that I realize that I am standing 20 feet under the palace, only a pair of dim red light coming from what it looked like a candle of each walls surrounds the place as I felt eyes looking at me, confused as the dungeon doesn't have candles but an electric torch. I concluded that the walls were in fact, alive. It is not a candle, but an eye for him.

The elder.

I then stepped inside the room, and sat to the chair which my father put into place when he has an audience, that would be me.

As a kid, I used to sneak around and watch him practice dark arts, until one day he caught me hiding under the huge table which I covered in a pile of books thinking I can outsmart him only that the elder told him I was watching him the very first day I sneaked in, the time he found out, I was instantly banned going out of my room unless I was told to, but I had my ways I knew when the royal guards would move to its place, until he got tired knowing how stubborn I could be.