Chapter IV

Yuri thought Natsuki was nice enough. She rarely spoke to her, but she wanted to get to know her better. She certainly didn't hate her being in the club as much as she thought she would. But she didn't get much of an opportunity to speak to her. That was, of course, until Monika decided to move Natsuki's manga.

Yuri didn't necessarily like to take sides on issues other people were debating or disagreed on. But hearing Monika tell Natsuki she moved her books... well, Yuri just saw it as plain cruel. She wanted to help, but was afraid that she would come off as annoying. Then, Natsuki came to her.

"Hey." Natsuki said. Yuri was shocked and taken aback. She began to sweat nervously. "Y-Yes..?" was all she could say. "I need you to help me get my manga down from the top shelf." Natsuki said, calm as can be. All Yuri could do was get up quietly and shuffle behind Natsuki. She got the manga, no problem. Afraid of what would happen if they made skin contact, Yuri swiftly pulled away as Natsuki grabbed the books. Despite how afraid she was of Natsuki, she was more afraid of losing her chance to get closer to her... "As a friend!" She thought. "Not like that..."

"Wh..wh...um...What's th-that Manga c-called...?"She asked timidly.

"Well, um... there's actually three in this collection. The first one is called..."

Natsuki went on, but Yuri didn't listen to what she was saying. She couldn't help but notice how adorable she was when she was this focused on something... she was like an angel. Perfect hair, soft lips, beautiful eyes...

"Um... hello?" Natsuki asked, noticing how entranced Yuri was.

"I, uh... I'm..."

Yuri couldn't think of anything to say. She was so lost in Natsuki's beauty that she was at a loss for words. Instead of saying anything, she just went to her seat and picked up her book. She pretended to read, but really, she was thinking about Natsuki. "Do I... do I...like Natsuki?" Yuri was petrified. She didn't know what to do with these thoughts... they shouldn't affect her life, should they? They were just thoughts... just thoughts...