Chapter VIII

Natsuki wasn't sure what had come over her. Normally, she would have protested Yuri putting her arm around her. But she didn't last night. She embraced and enjoyed it. Then, she opened her eyes to find she was still on Yuri's couch. The title screen to "One Saturday Night" was on the Television. Clearly it had looped all night. It wasn't until  a few seconds later that Natsuki has realized it: she had cuddled with Yuri all night.

She looked behind her to see Yuri was still asleep. Clearly, they had spooned. Shocked but not appalled, Natsuki got up as carefully as possible, so as not to wake up Yuri. Then, she realized it: they forgot to make the banner. And since today was Sunday, the festival was tomorrow! "I guess I'll have to stay today as well." she thought. Not that she disapproved or anything. Maybe they would get to cuddle again...

"Gah!' Natsuki almost said. "It was just one incident... it won't, like, lead to anything!" she thought. "It's just... fun. To watch movies, that is. With Yuri. That's it, just movies..."

"Good morning." Yuri said groggily. "How did you sleep?"

"Um... fine, just fine..." Natsuki said.

"Good, glad to hear..."

"Hey, Yuri, we still have to make the banner for the festival!"

"Oh yeah... that's right... ugh......." Yuri was still very sleepy.

"Come on, let's get up!" Natsuki practically had to drag Yuri off of the couch, which was difficult given their different sizes. "Whenever I can, I always try to eat a healthy breakfast. What do you have here?"

Natsuki went through Yuri's refrigerator and cabinets. "Let's see... Eggs, Bread, Butter... Spam? You eat SPAM?!" Natsuki was repulsed.

"What? I love Spam!" Yuri giggled. Natsuki put the spam back in the fridge. She put the toast in the toaster. After that, she was silent for a second.

"Uh, Yuri? I, uh... don't exactly know how to make eggs."

"You don't?"

"No... could you help?"

"Sure thing"

Yuri got out a pan. "So, the first thing you do is butter the pan. Well, you don't have to if it's a non-stick pan, but this one isn't." She got out a bowl, some salt, and some pepper. "You're gonna wanna break three eggs into a bowl. Then, you add some salt and pepper. You can add milk, but I personally prefer my eggs without milk."

Natsuki like Yuri this way. She wasn't timid at all. Was it that she just got up? Was is the cuddling from last night? She didn't know, but she was much more confident.

Soon, it got to the point where you had to stir the eggs with a spatula.

"Grr...ah!" Natsuki growled. She was having trouble.

"Here, let me help." Yuri offered.

She came up from behind Natsuki and gently grabbed her hand on the spatula. She put her other hand on Natsuki's shoulder. Natsuki was frozen, and her face turned deep red. This was so... intimate. She didn't know what to do.

"Eep" was all she could say.

Yuri pulled back. "I, uh, I'm sorry..." she said. She was Yuri again.

"N-No, it's fine..." Natsuki said, still blushing.

Yuri came back. "You're... you're gonna want to...uh... here, I'll show you." Once more Yuri's hand supported Natsuki's as she helped her stir the eggs, turning them from an undone Omelet to actual Scrambled Eggs. Just then, the toast finished. "I'll get it!" Yuri says, and that she does. By the time the eggs are done, the toast is buttered and on two plates. Natsuki divides the eggs evenly amongst the girls. They eat in the joy of each others' company, and then go upstairs to work on the banner.