CHAPTER 4 HOSPITAL FRIENDS

The Crazy's carried the guards in the hospital and one of them saw a shadow move. "I think I just saw something!," Karen said, "Can I go kill it if it's real?!" "No." Jack said, "We have a job to do. Getting distracted is not an option right now." "Okay" she replied. "Hey nurse" Jack said knocking on the desk "we have five burn victims, two without consciousness, and a stab victim and we need them treated stat!" "OH MY WORD!" she cried putting the whole ER on alert and a few moments later several gurneys rushed in and took the guards away for treatment. "My goodness," the nurse said, exasperated. "First the Fax news incident, and now this!" "Uh, ma'am, that was the Fax news incident." Jack replied a bit sheepishly. "Huh" the nurse said, confused. "Those are the guards that were injured during the Fax news skirmish. We brought them here ourselves because we didn't think the ambulances would be able to get there and back quickly enough." Jack responded a bit more confidently. "Oh I see now. That would explain why all the ambulances we sent there could only find one unconscious man with a broken arm." The nurse said, coming to an understanding. "yes, that would make sense." Jack replied calmly. The Crazys then proceeded to take a seat in the waiting room, and awaited a verdict on the guards' condition. While they were waiting Karen thought she saw a shadow move again "Jackie?" she said "yes, dear?" Jack replied sweetly "I think I just saw the shadow move again." she said "hmm, you know what, run and fetch whiplash from the bus for me would ya, dear." Jack said "Ohh-kay, be right back" she happily replied and ran to get the sword off the Psycho Serpent. Karen then came back with Whiplash, and Jack said, "I'll go check it out. There's something out there that's not just a shadow." "Something, or someone?" Karen said shuddering. "I could burn the hall to light the way." Johnny said. "No! Are you crazy?!" Jack said. "Is that even a question?" Johnny replied. "I'll counter its movement," Jack said as if he wasn't coming back, "Don't come after me." Karen then said, "This had better not be it. I don't know what I'd without you." "Ok I'll be back." Jack replied, but wasn't sure. Jack went down the hall creeping through the dark. "It's quiet. Too quiet," He said. Just then, he felt like 20 pounds of pressure hit his face. He swung the sword where the hit came from, but heard no scream, nothing. Then he felt a kick on his back. He flung forward and fell hard to the floor. He heard footsteps coming towards him and he caught the foot of the person, and flung him down. He got up, put Whiplash to his neck and said, "Give it up." Then he heard a Japanese voice say something. "You cheated, grasshopper," Jack said "Shut up and stand down. Why are you here?" The Japanese man said, "You brought eight wounded men here, Etimis' men." "What's it to you?" Jack said. "I'm here to kill them. They don't deserve to live." "How do you know Etimis?" Jack asked. "His men tried to kill me several years ago. I threatened to expose a part of my clan's destruction that he hired mercenaries for. I'm the last of my clan. I've been trying to find Etimis ever since." the Japanese man said. "It seems we have a common enemy, ninja," Jack implied. "Have you ever heard the expression, "The enemy of my enemy is my friend?" Jack said. "Ah yes, and I have a name grasshopper, it's Katon, Katon Baipora." "Ok, and what's grasshopper supposed to mean, Katon?" "Beginner." Katon said with a passion. "If you want to help us there's a spot open, and we'd like to see Etimis brought down as much as you, Katon," Jack said, hoping Katon would take the offer. "Sure," Katon said with the utmost joy. "These swords haven't felt the joy of combat ever since several years ago," Katon said nostalgically. "Karma will come back to haunt Etimis," Katon said confidently. "Yeah, whatever. You call me a grasshopper, but your clan was wiped out by men unskilled in Ninjutsu?" Katon pulled out his blade and said with tears in his eyes, "Never speak of my clan. It only took two men to wipe us out, they had sunglasses and suits on." Jack began to study Katon, visually. "Hmm, those moods swings, you're Bipolar aren't you?" Jack asked, "Yes I am." Katon replied. Then Jack remembered the men that helped Etimis escape, "Y'know the men that wiped out your clan sounds alot like two men we saw help Etimis escape." Jack said. "I could guarantee you their deaths if you help me find Etimis." "All I've wanted for 3 years was those men and Etimis." Katon cried. "Then welcome." Jack replied holding out his to shake it. "Ok but first, we toast with some Saki!!" Katon said excitedly. "No, I try not to drink much, sooo, not in public okay. Wait till we get back to the warehouse." Jack said grinning mischievously. "Suit yourself." And finally, Jack felt as if he knew what to do. "Come let's get you back to the bus. Also the men we brought in here weren't Etimis' men." Jack told Katon, "They're not?" Katon replied. Jack then said, "No, they are Fax news guards. They work for the news station where Etimis is a reporter at, which makes sense because it was clear the men Etimis escaped with were far more trained than the other guards and I know Fax doesn't have elite guards." Jack informed. "I knew it was too good to be true. So, what now?" Katon asked "We go back to the warehouse, get you acquainted with everyone and a room set up and maybe have that saki you mentioned." once the pair was back on the bus Katon began to introduce himself to the others. When he got to Asaka, Jack said, "This is Asaka she's--" "Beautiful!!" Katon interrupted. She began to blush and when he smiled back she turned up her nose and said "humph." "I think somebody's crushing." Jack said teasingly and then started giggling with Karen about it. "Shut up, it's not like I like him or anything, idiot. Bobby, hurry up and get us back to the warehouse!" Asaka snapped. "Yes ma'am," he replied, although starting to giggle because he was pretty sure that Jack was right. Once everyone was back at the warehouse Katon yelled clanging his swords together. "So everyone, it's Saki time!!! Ahhhh!" They all drank to a new member and everyone but Katon and Asaka sputtered it all out. "Wow!" Jack said in a hoarse voice. "Strong and it lifts your spirits!! Hahaha!" Katon yelled. Asaka was blushing again. Jack then said, "Katon, I'll show you to your room, it's actually right next to Asaka's. Then can you try whipping us up some dinner. No fried rice!!!" Katon then made his bed out of bamboo and decorated his room in a Japanese style and said, "Very pimped out." Jack replied with an awkward look, "Clearly pimped out is very different from your point of view." About an hour later Katon yelled, "Dinner timmeeeee!!!" And when Jack saw what it was, he said, "Katon, I said no fried rice!!!!! Wait, that's sushi." Everyone except Katon, Jack, and Asaka almost started crying, then breathed a sigh of relief.