CHAPTER 5 - CAUSING A SCENE

The next morning everyone had breakfast and then assembled in the foyer. "We really should focus on capturing Etimis." Jack said. "All too true," Karen said. "But how?" "Well he is a news reporter, he goes wherever a story is, so if he wants a story, we give him one." Jodake said. "Genius idea," Katon said. "I have an idea. Gearhead, you cause some mayhem on the news tower, Karen you're with me. Asaka, Katon, you guys are our inside informers. I'm gonna have Gearhead rig up some helmet cams for you guys." Jack said, forming a plan. "Tommy, go improvise some skeets, but try not to kill anyone, Bobby, be ready to get us. We need to get Etimis outta there. He's not getting away this time," Jack said boldly. "Twins, feel free to pull as many shenanigans as you like today." "Yay!" they hollered.

"Only on Etimis and his mercs." Jack warned.

"Awww." they sighed.

"Everyone, we're rolling out, let's go!" Jack said determined. Once everyone was on the bus Jack began to give out details. "so here's the plan we go down to the park and let johnny have skeet practice, and Levi and Katon can have a round of sparring," Jack said picking up a empty coffee can "better yet, we can run it like street performers. That will give us a bit of plausible deniability, I think that's the right term here"

"so that when Etimis starts to make a fuss or tries to sic his hitman on us we'll have recording and alibi? Clever." Jodake replied. By the time they reached the park, Gary had finished the helmet cams and everyone else was ready to go. "Alright you all know the plan, let's get to it." Jack said. Katon and Levi started sparring and it drew a crowd. Johnny and Sera started a barbeque a few feet away. Jack and Karen was handing out advertisements. Gearhead was monitoring the helmet cams. And last, Bobby was at the ready in the bus. "Gearhead, you read me?" Jack said. "Loud and clear, Jack." Gearhead said with a smirk. "Alright Jack, be looking out. He'll be coming you guys way." Jack saw the news camera rolling and said, "Gearhead start the recorder. I might have possible confirmation here." Jack said. "Alright recording...now!" Gearhead replied. Etimis wasn't saying anything that was a hint towards a confession. "As you see it's a bright, sunshiny day, we see two...," and Etimis saw Katon and remembered what he hired the two hitmen to do to him. "Etimis?" the news reeler retorted. "Hey Etimis?" they said again. "Sorry flashbacks, please continue." Etimis replied regaining his train of thought. "Hello there, Mr. Draconian. May we interest you in some barbeque?" Sera offered. "We're doing a fundraiser, all you can eat for five dollars," Johnny finished. "It's really good, I'm already on my third plate!" a women said handing her plate to Sera. "Tell you what Etimis, buy a plate for each of your men there and we'll give you yours for free. Does that sound okay?" "Alright but I want ninja boy over there to be the one serving us." Etimis requested snidely handing her a crumpled ten dollar bill. "Okay, HEY KATON, COME OVER HERE!" Johnny called "when you get a chance, kill him," Etimis whispered to his "bodyguards." Before too long Katon was serving the three of them their barbeque and when the bodyguards got done, Bodyguard 1 went back with Etimis and Bodyguard 2 stayed near Katon. Once Katon's back was turned Bodyguard 2 kicked Katon down and stabbed him. It was not fatal but it was a grave injury. Both bodyguards ran away while Etimis went with them. No one saw him, but Jack went after him with Karen, meanwhile Asaka carried Katon back to the bus for first aid and an ambulance. Jack went after Etimis in a building which wasn't occupied by anyone except the twins. "Katon went to the bus I have a little present for you to drop him." Etimis said as he pulled out a Taurus Judge revolver and said, "Clean up the mess afterwards, hahaha!!" Etimis said in an evil triumphant way. Suddenly, Bobby saw bodyguard 1 walking to the bus aiming an SMG. Bobby whipped out an M1911, aimed, and shot. "One down, one to go." Bobby said. Etimis held up the revolver, said, "I'll do it myself." And aimed. Fortunately, Jack was only shot in the shoulder with the revolver. The bodyguard kicked Jack down the stairs and went out. Fortuitously, it was recorded and the news reeler got a look at Etimis' face aiming with the revolver. Bodyguard 2 knew too many Crazys were there, so he tried to leave Etimis. Just then Daniel's chain shot out from the shadows and wrapped him and Etimis together. "Ga-cha!" Daniel cried playfully, Soon after, police had shown up, the news reeler told them all that she saw, and Etimis was arrested. Katon knew there was one bodyguard left, Bodyguard 2 so he went after him. When he caught up to him he said, "Hello. My name is Katon Baipora. you killed my clan. Prepare to die." The bodyguard swung at him with his fist and Katon broke his arm, and took out one sword in a swift movement and stabbed him. "Revenge, is mine." Katon was pleased and then hobbled back to the bus. Asaka said, "I thought you died!" And hugged him and leaned back and said, "I didn't do that."

"I couldn't die there, my clan needed to be avenged." Katon replied. Police took Etimis to the station and said, "You're allowed one phone call." He knew exactly who to call and what to say. The scientist expected a call from Etimis that day. "You'd like me to start the experiments?" "Yes, do it," Etimis replied. Back at the bus, Gearhead said, "We didn't get a confession." Jack then replied through gritted teeth, "We didn't need one. He and his bodyguards caused enough of a scene to get himself arrested." "Oh, well that was easy." Gearhead said back. "Yep, piece of cake." Jack finally said. "What now?" Karen asked. "Well both bodyguards are dead, Etimis is apprehended, I'm shot in the shoulder, and Katon was stabbed, sooo let's go to the hospital." "Good idea. I don't know if I'd be welcome, I extended their electric bill." Katon said. "That's a good thing, Katon." Jack said his voice more of a painful growl. "Well, I kinda redirected the whole power to one side of the hospital and made it run longer." Katon said back, but with a smirk. "Oh, I see." Jack said. "Well, I'm just glad I got the gun shot on the bodyguard." Bobby said and kissed the gun he had used. "And I think Etimis was still a diligent asshole." Karen said. "Watch the language, although it's true." Katon said. "Katon, how are you holding up?" Asaka added. "I'll be fine. Pain is only in the mind," he said. "And sometimes your mind will muffle the pain" Jack replied with a growly chuckle. A little while later the crew arrived at the hospital and carried Jack and Katon into admitting. Karen rapped on the desk "excuse me nurse, we've got a stab victim and my boyfriend has a gunshot wound to the shoulder." She said "oh okay, say, aren't you the one that messed with our electricity?" the nurse said suspiciously, giving Katon the evil eye. "If either of them die, I'll make sure you join them!" Karen growled brandishing her knife and lodging it in the counter. "O-of course, ma'am!" the nurse squealed as she called in a pair of gurneys to take the boys away for treatment. A few days later both boys had been discharged from the hospital and were back at the warehouse, except Jack now wore a shoulder plate where he had been shot.