Surveillance Tape 2 (Conference Room)

SOUND: RUSHED FOOTSTEPS. DOOR OPENING. DOOR CLOSING.

FLORIAN DAIS

Gentlemen, you called?

MAN 1

We need an explanation, Dais. Tell us this is under control.

FLORIAN DAIS

I'm trying to get the website down, but-

MAN 2

Sounds like your saying your hands are tied.

FLORIAN DAIS

No. Not at all. I am getting the website down, but in the meantime, I have been trying tracking the boy.

MAN 1

So, when you were injecting your little toys you never thought about trackers?

FLORIAN DAIS

They were happy, cooperative. There was no point at the time.

MAN 3

And now?

FLORIAN DAIS

They're happy and cooperative, well, the ones that are here.

MAN 2

See, this is why I had hesitations. These are not machines, they're thinking humans. What happens when one of them hears this boy's views and agrees?

FLORIAN DAIS

We've blocked the website on all their devices, and it'll be down soon. With the people in my pocket it won't be too hard to get a gag order.

MAN 1

And if it is not?

MAN 3

We need to see some real, tangible actions, Mr. Dais.

MAN 2

I would be all too delighted to go to my counterparts and tell them you aren't up to the task.

FLORIAN DAIS

No need for all the theatrics, boys. I will take the website down, I'll find the boy.

MAN 3

Yes, you will, or it won't just be us you have answer to.

FLORIAN DAIS

I don't quite answer to you now.

MAN 2

Are we clear, Florian?

FLORIAN DAIS

Crystal.

MAN 1

That is what we like to hear. We won't keep you from your playthings any longer.

MAN 3

We will show ourselves out.

FLORIAN DAIS

I am afraid that is not the protocol we have here, my assistant will escort you out.

SOUND: DOOR CLOSING. FOOTSTEPS.