Article 3

Tragic Passing of Avari Mifflin Leaves the Monarch Project In His Wake

The funeral details for the doctor, and what they mean for us

Olly Smith              April 18, 2016

This past Saturday, Dr. Avari Mifflin, a renowned geneticist, passed in hospice at the age of 72. While Mifflin had many achievements, his shining glory will forever be the mysterious Monarch Four. Mifflin ordered the names of the children's parents to be released post mortem, and they will become available to the public sometime this week.

While upon hearing this some have glued themselves to their televisions and computers, they may not have to wait long. Florian Dais, the late doctor's protege who will be taking over the project, announced all four of the children will attend the funeral tomorrow, and make speeches in his remembrance.

"We want them to be able to grieve as normal children. Dr. Avari was a close mentor and visited them daily to record information, as well as get to know the children as people. He was actively involved in all the children's lives. It would be nothing short of savage to prevent them from attending," Dais said on the four's relationship with Mifflin.

As a reporter following the progression of this story through the decades, I can confidently say, this is a groundbreaking time for the Monarch Four, and America as a whole.

You can only imagine what those children are thinking.