Article 1

Do Attractive Children Really Have Better Lives?

How scientists plan to answer the age old question by 2016

Olly Smith              September 22, 2002

Yesterday, during a live press conference at the Larson Center in Washington, Avari Mifflin joined a team of renowned biologists, as well as a panel of four young couples, to announce and discuss the main ideas of his newest, and most controversial, human experiment to try and prove that being attractive leads to better opportunities and higher health.

The team at Hosteller University, under Dr. Mifflin's direction, has finally been given permission to conduct their experiment, which breeds children and tracks their growth, after a three year long legal battle that went all the way to The Supreme Court. Last week, The team won the right to conduct the experiment.

The experiment will consist of four couples selected to produce a child with certain features, with the help of a few chemists on the team. There are two Caucasian couples and two African-American couples. Each ethnicity will birth a female and male child thanks to new scientific and medical discoveries of a method not yet open to the public.

These brave and devoted couples shared their takes on the efforts of Dr. Mifflin anonymously on a panel after the press conference. One woman said, "It has been an... interesting time, and it will require much dedication, but I believe me, my partner, and all of us mean it when we say we stand behind this cause and I am sure it will lead to even better advances in, not only biology, but sociology."

Dr. Mifflin's assistant also spoke out about these miracle children directly saying, " I am sure our efforts will not go to waste. The couple were not chosen solely on physical attributes, but also character traits. These children will not only help science, but we have made sure the parents are readily equipped with necessary tools to parent confident and hard working children who exhibit core American values and fully understand their contributions to society go beyond their birth."

These children known as The Monarch Four, will be raised in similar areas and the parents will be provided a fixed income to keep the variables controlled. They will attempt to lead normal lives as best they can. Dr. Mifflin urges the country to not search for the children. That would set back the project years, and would waste taxpayer dollars.

Despite this, some theorist are already picking through the words of those in relation to the project in order to find The Monarch Four, prior to the project start. In fact, the children are due around March. One thing is certain, America is counting down in a frenzy for when the children are revealed.